Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Revamping the Gorns.

I heard a rumour that the bloke who's in charge of doing the alien make up for Star Trek is well chuffed because the writer of Star Trek: Nemesis has written a Gorn into the wedding scenes and the make up bloke has been wanting to do a Gorn with up to date makeup since Next Gen started.
    He's an underprivileged skateboarding cowboy with nothing left to lose. She's a sharp-shooting goth bounty hunter who believes she is the reincarnation of an ancient Egyptian queen. They fight crime!

I've heard similar rumors, I cannot wait to see some of the old beasties again...TNG Horta anyone?
    Phoenix...

"I'm not saying there should be capital punishment for stupidity,
    but maybe we should just remove all the safety lables and let nature take it's course"

"A Place For Everything & Nothing In It's Place"

There are a number of references to the Gorn throughout DS9. I believe in one episode though my memory could be faulty here, Sisko refers to a Gorn ambassador or other diplomat.

Cochran, Georgia, USA, Sol III, Alpha Quadrant, Milky Way Galaxy
    The SFB RPG, "Prime Directive" has a lot of material on Gorns, and lots of other TOS species. You can get the entire line of Prime Directive books for $5 apiece at the SFB website. Their Federation sourcebook is also loaded with interesting stuff like the Federation Marshalls, they uphold the law on frontier colonies.
    "Retreat?! Hell, we just got here!", annonymous American Marine, WWI

"Gravity is a harsh mistress....", The Tick

From what I recall, the Gorn is just referred to as having been at the bacehlor party. So we may not actually see one.

Having said that, there's no major reason why a bachelor party guest shouldn't be at the wedding. And it would ne really nice to see a modernised Gorn.

"You can't take a picture of this; it's already gone." -Nate Fisher, Six Feet Under.