Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Next on Enterprise

Next on Enterprise

http://www.startrek.com/news/nextonent.asp
    Canamar
    Production 043
    First Air Date: 2/26/2003

Synopsis:

Upon leaving the Enolian homeworld in a shuttlepod, Archer and Tucker are mistakenly arrested and placed on a prisoner transport vessel bound for the penal colony Canamar. Before the error can be rectified, one of the alien inmates engineers a takeover of the transport, leading Archer to engage in a dangerous gambit.

Creative staff:

Director: Allan Kroeker
    Written By: John Shiban
    Interesting.... I'm not sure about it though... *shrugs*

I'll be watching it anyway :P
    -Chris Barnes
    Visit FBR!

An interesting twist on the "prison planet" scenario I suppose.
    "Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens."

-Gimli, son of Gloin (The Fellowship of the Ring)

Red face

So, lets get this straight. They appear to be trekkifying 'John Carpenters 'The Thing'' for the Borg, and now they are adding Con Air.

Soon on Enterprise.

'The Moon'

Archer and T'Pol have to stop a mad Vulcan military commander from launching a dangerous Bioplague on Vulcan unless the Vulcan Security Directorate admits to losses taken in Black Ops.

This is compounded, in that the Commander has taken command of a Penal Colony on one of Vulcans Moons, and so they enlist the help of an escaped convict from the moon.

(Although San Fransisco might well be more appropriate! )

or;

'Apocalypse'

Earth is threatened by a Giant asteroid, and without shields or advanced weaponry no Starfleet Ship can stop the impact. The Vulcans just shrug and mutter something about a Prime Directive, so the Andorians offer an experimental ship with shields and advanced torpedos to give the Terrans a chance to save their planet.

how about;

'Nightmare at Starfleet Academy'

Starfleet Cadets are dying in their sleep, and its up to Archer, T'Pol and Boothby (yes you heard right) to put a stop to the Spirit of a Dead Psychopath who is killing these kids in their dreams, using T'Pols emerging Mind Melding abilities...

Actually some of these do sound quite fun.
    DanG/Darth Gurden
    The Voice of Reason and Sith Lord

“Putting the FUNK! back into Dysfunctional!”

Coming soon. The USS Ganymede NCC-80107
    "Ad astrae per scientia" (To the stars through knowledge)

Originally posted by Dan Gurden
    So, lets get this straight. They appear to be trekkifying 'John Carpenters 'The Thing'' for the Borg, and now they are adding Con Air.

Soon on Enterprise.

'The Moon'

Archer and T'Pol have to stop a mad Vulcan military commander from launching a dangerous Bioplague on Vulcan unless the Vulcan Security Directorate admits to losses taken in Black Ops.

This is compounded, in that the Commander has taken command of a Penal Colony on one of Vulcans Moons, and so they enlist the help of an escaped convict from the moon.

(Although San Fransisco might well be more appropriate! )

or;

'Apocalypse'

Earth is threatened by a Giant asteroid, and without shields or advanced weaponry no Starfleet Ship can stop the impact. The Vulcans just shrug and mutter something about a Prime Directive, so the Andorians offer an experimental ship with shields and advanced torpedos to give the Terrans a chance to save their planet.

how about;

'Nightmare at Starfleet Academy'

Starfleet Cadets are dying in their sleep, and its up to Archer, T'Pol and Boothby (yes you heard right) to put a stop to the Spirit of a Dead Psychopath who is killing these kids in their dreams, using T'Pols emerging Mind Melding abilities...

Actually some of these do sound quite fun.
    Ooookaaayyyy....

Or, the ultimate:

"An accident caused by Lieutenant Daniels causes Captain Archer to begin jumping back and forwards in time, his consciousness merging with the bodies of people living in each era. Now, aided only by a holographic representation of Trip Tucker, he must put right the timeline, each time hoping that the next jump - will be the jump home..."

Sorry, couldn't resist...
    "That might have been the biggest mistake of my life..."

"It is unlikely. I predict there is scope for even greater mistakes in the future given your obvious talent for them."

Vila and Orac, Blake's Seven

Originally posted by Capt.Hunter
    Or, the ultimate:

"An accident caused by Lieutenant Daniels causes Captain Archer to begin jumping back and forwards in time, his consciousness merging with the bodies of people living in each era. Now, aided only by a holographic representation of Trip Tucker, he must put right the timeline, each time hoping that the next jump - will be the jump home..."

Sorry, couldn't resist...
    Oh Sweet Jesus! You owe me a new keyboard for that one!

I tell ya, if they thought they could get away with it.

Oh boy. . .

Sorry Don, I've already had to fork out for a new monitor this week...
    "That might have been the biggest mistake of my life..."

"It is unlikely. I predict there is scope for even greater mistakes in the future given your obvious talent for them."

Vila and Orac, Blake's Seven

Originally posted by AslanC
    I tell ya, if they thought they could get away with it.

Oh boy. . .
    Although I like Enterprise, there is one thing I've learned about the show:

If they think they can get away with it, they will do it.

Was watching the Sunday replay of Future Tense...

They're marketing Canamar as an "Enterprise Event"... as if the whole concept wasn't enough, now I KNOW it's gonna be bad.

*sigh* and they were doing so well too...
    -Chris Barnes
    Visit FBR!

Thumbs up

Wow, I was surprised.... Canamar actually had a great story and the action was well balanced... overall an enjoyable episode!

-Chris Barnes
    Visit FBR!

Yes it was enjoyable

Canamar is a prison? Right? Going on what is above; has it been mentioned before?

******SPOILERS below... you have been warned*****

Yeah... Trip and Archer are falsley arrested as smugglers while returning from a first contact mission with the Enolians. They are put onto a prision ship for transport to Canamar, a high-security prision run by the Enolian government, and one of the prisioners, an Enolian crime veteran takes control of the vessel and sends Enterprise on a chase to rescue their people before he can send the ship crashing to the surface of a planet to cover his tracks. The episode sets up a good story with the antagonist's background, alluding to the fact that he was put in jail at the age of 14, because the Enolians had "nobody else to blame;" this triggered his turn to crime.

Fun episode. I'd give it an 8.5/10
    -Chris Barnes
    Visit FBR!

Huh, they are arrested by the people they just contacted? Was it favourable contact? Why couldn't Enterprise go to the Enolian Government and protest?

Don't worry about spoiling anything. Unless you tell me something really silly, Ill still watch the ep.

Enolians eh? Quick we need a name for this new race. Uhh, just drop the TH from Tholian and replace it with EN.