Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Voyager Aftermath

Wink

Federation personal (General)- Days of debriefings, and Q&A sessions.
    Janeway- Congratulated on getting back home, reprimanded for various infractions of Federation laws (mostly a slap on the wrist I'm thinking). More Q&A sessions, and later still more Q&A. Might have a desk job for a while, maybe at the Academy.
    Tuvok- Would probably take another hiatus from Starfleet to return to Vulcan, maybe only 7 years this time, or maybe retires this time.
    Kim- Takes a planetside posting (nice and safe!) for about a year, rejoins a ship crew after that?
    Paris- Having been acquitted for helping Janeway find the Maquis (mentioned in the first episode, if I remember correctly). Doubtful Tom would remain in Starfleet. He might be able to get that posting in the wet fleet (I could also see him doing that custom shuttlecraft biz.).

Maquis (General)- Q&A sessions. Tried for treason and terrorism, found guilty and sentence suspended, some of the more stable members allowed to retain rank.
    Chakotay- Most likely he would return to Federation/Cardassian borders and help with the rebuilding process. Possible surviving as a Starfleet liaison.
    Torres- Would be asked (or begged) to remain in Starfleet to help with the dissection... err, reverse engineering of Voyager. Either as an officer or a civilian consultant, she’d most likely end up working at Utopia Planita, dragging Tom with her. Years later the two of them, would get voted the coolest parents in the Federation by their daughter.

The Hitchhikers-
    Seven- With Miss Hanson it’s not so much a mater of rights, she was born a Federation citizen, however the prejudice and fear against her would be the problem. Unlike Pickard, Seven has been a Borg for most of her life, not a few days. The only way I see her retaining her freedom (for the safety of the Federation) is for Captain Pickard to speak on her behalf. Which could possibly lead Doctor Crusher collaborating with Voyager’s EMH (as much as she hates them) on trying to remove more of her Borg implants (at least the dangerous parts, Tubes and nano-probes). After the legal battle for her freedom, I’d guess she would join the engineering personal working on Voyager. I don’t see her joining Starfleet, or trying to fit in with the rest of the Federation for many years to come.
    The Doc- The legal ramifications of the Doc would send tsunamis through the Federation. How would you deal with the sentience of a tool, especially a tool that is spread throughout the Federation. The Exo-comps (if I recall correctly) were only few in numbers, just coming out of proto-type stages, making it easy to determine the legal sentience. I’m getting a headache just trying to think about this.

Voyager and the Technology acquired-
    Voyager will never see open space again. Starfleet engineers will take her apart like a Christmas turkey, examine every millimeter over and over. This shouldn’t really need to be said, but the whole thing would be labeled as top-secret as possible. Enhanced technology- phasers, shields, warp drive types (Oh the choices), warp core; new technologies- that ludicrous armor, the umber-torpedoes (both really cool, but damn), the Delta Flyer, working Borg Technology. Just about every thing would be reverse engineered if possible, certain exceptions would also come to light. One Borg alcove would need to be set aside for Seven to regenerate.

Well that’s my short take on the subject.

Phoenix...

------------------
    The more you disapprove,
    The more fun it is for me.

I think one of the best veiws of what would happen after Endgame is portrayed in the USS Liberty Fanfic page, written by Joseph Manno. Basicly the crew is welcomed home as heros as shown on the show but the JAG corps, or rather one member of, takes it upon herself to see that justice is done and has Janeway arrested. She is made to answer for the crimes comitted in the course of her mission (which when you get down to it is pretty extensive). The outcome is yet to be written but I think the general premise is good. Ultimately I think it would be lame if at Voyager's crew and Captain got away with everything they've done, so weither by Manno's way or someother I think they'd face a trial of somekind, even if the punishment is slap on the wrist(they are heros of the Federation after all) after that, I think for the most part they'd be free to live normal lives and in the case of Kim and a few others would be promoted and in high demand dispite the trial.