Thread: Don, what's your opinion on .sig threads?

Question Don, what's your opinion on .sig threads?

On ENWorld, I encountered the concept of .sig threads. They're used to dump information and pictures you can link to your signature or posts when necesarry.

What's the official Trek-rpg.net stance on this?

The darkness inside me is a lot scarier than the darkness out there....

Against them because those images then reside on my server and suck up my bandwidth just so someone can show a graphic of their Trek game.

If I'm misunderstanding the question, please let me know.

They've (.sigs) become something of a pet peeve of mine. Several users here have, for example, multiline .sigs that span up to 10-15 lines. Frequently their .sigs are longer than their messages! Meaningless quotes that serve no function, etc. I much prefer .sigs that add something.

*shrug* That's just my opinion.

Actually, I got bored with sigs and just turned them off. Less clutter to go through when reading the threads.

Yea, but unfortunately I can't. Hard to spot someone who's .sig is violating our AUP when I can't see them. Oh, the downside of being the Big Bad Admin (tm).

I viewed the thread/idea in question on ENWorld and don't care for the idea. With that said, I don't see the need to formulate a policy on the idea so if someone (Robert) wants to do something like that where a .sig merely links to a thread, then go ahead.

Um. . .not a computer guy here so I have no idea what your talking about. . .server. . .bandwidth. . .AUP?

Is this topic about the thing at the bottom of my posts showing our ship info or something else?

If they cause a problem I am more than willing to get rid of it, just say the world (well. . .and maybe also how to get rid of it too).
    Steven "redwood973" Wood

"Man does not fail. He gives up trying."

Heh. Guess I'll just link to the ENWorld .sig thread, then.
    Thanks for the info, Don.
    The darkness inside me is a lot scarier than the darkness out there....