Thread: Bwahahaha!!!! Fear me!

Bwahahaha!!!! Fear me!

Yours truly is now online in his own home as opposed to having to use the work PC when the boss ain't looking. After about a month of waiting for the SurfUnlimited software from TeleWest...
    "That might have been the biggest mistake of my life..."

"It is unlikely. I predict there is scope for even greater mistakes in the future given your obvious talent for them."

Vila and Orac, Blake's Seven

Welcome to the world of Fast n Loose logging, Cap'n

May your electronic opinions flow freely

Well, it's only a dial-up connection, so I'd hardly call it "fast 'n' loose". Figured my landlord might get twitchy if I started drilling holes in the wall for a cable hookup...

"It is unlikely. I predict there is scope for even greater mistakes in the future given your obvious talent for them."

My landlady didn't mind when I had Telewest Broadband installed here...at the end of the day, it increases the value of her property. Anyway, you don't have to do it yourself, either - the Telewest engineers come out & do it, and the guys that I had were superb. No fuss, no mess, just got on with the job and were done within the hour.

And it was only £25 installation, as opposed to BT who charge £225 for an "engineer assisted" installation. Ridiculous, or what???
    "Gandolf Foogray, that was my name." - <i> Gandalf, LotR (Asian Bootleg Subtitles)</i>

Well, I had trouble with them sending the engineer to the wrong address... which meant the phone number they told him to connect me to was wrong... which meant I got cut off three days later with no warning... had to have the line reconnected. Then had to wait a month for the software. Oh, and instead of just amending my account to the correct address they set up a new one, which meant that the £50 up-front payment I'd made didn't show when they sent the first bill.

Still, all sorted now...