Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SPACEDOCK Now Available!

I can but agree with SJohn's sage remarks.

But I'll add this: I think that Star Trek goes a lot further in trying to justify its pseudoscience than SW does. The Tech Manuals may be complete nonsense, but they sure do sound good. I, for one, really appreciate that effort on the part of the ST technical staff. I just wish the writers paid more attention to 'em.

Now, the question of whether justification of pseudoscience is necessary or desirable, I leave as an exercise for the student.

Steve Long

[This message has been edited by Steve Long (edited 12-02-2000).]

If I may pick a nit here, Steve, Star Trek uses a "fictional" or "imaginary" science, rather than a "pseudoscience."

On the subject of that other (and, strictly speaking, off-topic) Star * show, Lucas himself has never made any claims that it's science fiction. He always labelled Star Wars a "Space Fantasy," so of course its "scientific" background is much freer and looser than more tech-oriented SF like Star Trek and Babylon 5.

Of course, SpaceDock will probably face its severest test (well, at my hands, anyway) when I get to work on my Star Trek/Battlestar Galactica crossover adventure. Now there was a show with a very loose "scientific" background. Hmmmm... Hhe big G is one nautical mile long. That's 6080 feet, or 1853.65m... Hey, that's only Size 12!!!

Question

<font color="yellow">Of course, SpaceDock will probably face its severest test (well, at my hands, anyway) when I get to work on my Star Trek/Battlestar Galactica crossover adventure.</font>

Hey, Owen. Do you plan to post any BSG material in the General Chat forum anytime soon?

[This message has been edited by REG (edited 12-03-2000).]

Talking

I'm sure you're under barrage of thanks, Steve, but it bears repeating! THANK YOU!!! I downloaded the book yesterday, and every part is wonderfully written and invaluable to a campaign. We owe you for this! May the great bird of the galaxy bless you with a life of fine coffee, neverending spending money and six-day weekends!

May the great bird of the galaxy bless you with a life of fine coffee, neverending spending money and six-day weekends!
    Hey, I can go for that.

Glad you're enjoying the book!

Steve Long

First of all, I'd like to say, RIGHT ON Steve. You did some great work with this project.
    I was going through it, designing an uprated Nebula-class starship, and I was wondering how you would go about creating the pod. Would you create it seperate, or include it within the ship iself.

I would include the pod as part of the ship. If you want it to detach and fly around on its own, adapt some separation system rules.

Steve Long

Steve & Don, Thank you Very much, this is a Class A product. Like the combat section too.

Off to create my 1st Ship with the new rules

Karg

Now witness the firepower of this fully armed and operational Cardasian Battlestation! Fire at will Major!
    ----Cpt. Ben Sisko, CO, Deep Space Nine