Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SPACEDOCK Now Available!

Post SPACEDOCK Now Available!

All right folks -- this is what you've been waiting for (or the first part of it, anyway). SPACEDOCK is now available!

That's right, 198 information-packed pages about how to build and fight with the ships of the 24th century Starfleet is now available to you -- for free! All you have to do is get it from TrekRPG.net, and here's how you do that:

1. Go to http://www.trekrpg.net, enter the website, and click on the link under the 1130.00 announcement at the top of the main frame.
    2. Enter your full name and your e-mail address.
    3. Download

That's it! Easy as larish pie.

Once you've had a chance to read the book, you can ask questions, post your own designs, or discuss other issues pertaining to SPACEDOCK and starships in the "Spacedock" part of the TrekRPG.net message boards. I'm looking forward to hearing what y'all think of the book.

Last but definitely not least, I've got to extend my most profound thanks to Don "Next Time I'm Just Inserting A #*%^&@# "Page XX" Into The Manuscript" Mappin, for the tremendous job he did laying out the manuscript, checking over things, and hosting the download site and message boards. Thanx, Don! And, once again, thanks to Cindi Rice and Keith Strohm of WOTC for making this possible.

Go boldly!

Steve Long
    P.S.: Don't worry! The SHIP RECOGNITION MANUAL and DOMINION WAR SOURCEBOOK will be along soon. Don's just insisting that he be allowed to sleep before doing more layout work.

WooHoo!
    Lets hope i'm one of the first of a whole shitload.
    Had problems with the primary server with 403 errors but the secondary was AOK!
    Tah!

------------------
    SIR SIG a Aussie TREK Narrator

Smile

Sir Sig beat me to it!!!

Thank you steve..what else can I say?

Greg

Yes, I encountered the same problem, but I got it from the second download site OK.

THANKS! Really, deeply, wow, Ok, off to read...

Smile

Outstanding!!!
    --Thanks Steve!

Melbourne, Australia. Winner of the First Trek Survivor Trivia Show, and Bearer of the Steve Long Pink Elephant Stamp of Learning. :)

Thumbs up

Thanks on behalf of all of us fans, Steve and Don (and others, if any), for getting this out to us.

I'm sure it's as good as we've been hoping (better, even!) - I'm busy downloading it while I'm typing this post.

------------------
    In spite of the cost of living, have you noticed how popular it remains?

Steve? Somehow your link above included the period at the end of the sentance, which means it leads only to a 404 error. Happily, I figured out the problem and went to the main page by typing it in. I am downloading right now, and will worship and grovel appropriately after I but some more papep for the printer.

------------------
    You're a Starfleet Officer. "Weird" is part of the job.

Thumbs up

Mahalo!!!

You not only DA MAN, but the BIG KAHUNA!!!

I look forward to future projects in WotC. (Like maybe assist the Star Wars design team with a detailed ship combat & construction rules supplement?)

And a very special thank to Don Mappin for his contribution and getting the material to all the LUGTrek fans. Great layout on the product. Mahalo, bruddah!!!

[This message has been edited by REG (edited 12-02-2000).]

Excellent work Steve and Don, can't wait to see what you guys come up with next.

------------------
    "Being afraid all of the time of forgetting somebody's name. Not...not knowing what to do with your hands...I mean, I am the guy who writes down things to remember to say when there's a party. And then when he finally gets there, he winds up alone in the corner trying to look comfortable examining a potted plant."
    -Lieutentant Reginald Barclay

Great job guys - that's one mean chunk of data (so much, in fact, that I had to buy a new toner cartridge for my printer !). I have one question (possibly answered in the pages I haven't printed yet) - the text states that phasers have backup power cells enabling the ship to get off a few shots if power is low. Does this mean a ship could effectively ignore the power cost for phasers for a round if it just fired one shot (by using the reserve and not recharging it)?

Also, in the Defiant writeup at the end, should the Forward Phaser Array weapon actually be a Ventral Array (or is it Dorsal)? The ship has one of the two as listed, enabling it to fire at targets behine and below/above it, so is the Forward Array correct or a typo?

Otherwise - damn fine work. I'm giving you all medals.

------------------
    "We are the Borg. You will be assimilated. Resistance is futile."

"Mr.Kalor, give them a full spread of Quantum Torpedoes - let's see if they're right on that last point"
    Captain Matt Hunter, USS Tempest NCC-81205.

Captain Hunter, I'm going to move your questions over to the SPACEDOCK area of the boards, so everyone interested can read 'em. Please head over there for the answers.

Steve Long

Originally posted by REG:
    I look forward to future projects in WotC. (Like maybe assist the Star Wars design team with a detailed ship combat & construction rules supplement?
    Well, I'd certainly have no objection to helping with that sort of project, if they asked me to (assuming they even have something like that planned). I'd have to sit down and really study those movies closely, though, since SW ship combat conventions differ from ST ones in notable ways.

Steve Long

Melbourne, Australia. Winner of the First Trek Survivor Trivia Show, and Bearer of the Steve Long Pink Elephant Stamp of Learning. :)

Smile

Originally posted by Steve Long:
    since SW ship combat conventions differ from ST ones in notable ways.
    Only in two ways, from what I can tell...

(1) It seems that any mug can come in off the street, be totally untrained, and pilot a starfighter well enough to destroy the opposition's highly trianed elite pilots;
    (2) Ship combat seems to totally ignore the concept of that thing called...physics.

------------------
    In spite of the cost of living, have you noticed how popular it remains?

Talking

Originally posted by Paul:
    (1) It seems that any mug can come in off the street, be totally untrained, and pilot a starfighter well enough to destroy the opposition's highly trianed elite pilots
    LOL! No arguement here. While watching A New Hope I noticed pilots attacking the Death Star ("Porkins", IIRC) looked like he was some janitor they asked to fill in for one of the pilots!

(2) Ship combat seems to totally ignore the concept of that thing called...physics
    ===

Trek starflight isn't exactly a model of Newtonian perfection ...

The main difference between Trek and SW ship fights is that SW focuses on dogfights styled after WWII aerial combat, and Trek is meant to feel more "old-school naval" - pre-fighters, with a blend of (fighterless) WWII and stuff going back to Age of Sail.

In both cases, though, the fights are more about allegory than physics, and amen to that, I say. I like games where I can ignore the law - including the laws of nature