Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Just Got My DS9 Season 1 Boxed Set

Watched "Q-Less" last night. IMO, one of the best "Q" episodes, next to Q-Pid and Q-Who? Loved how Q calls Sisko "Benji" and constantly campares him (unfavorably) to Picard.

Best line:

Q: "You hit me!! Picard never hit me!!"
    Sisko: "I'm not Picard."

A solid episode with some of the elements that made Trek great over the years - humor, action, and the discovery of new life (with it seems to me a tip of the hat to "Encounter at Farpoint").
    Last edited by Mijoro; 02-28-2003 at 12:59 PM.

I'll be watching it tonight, but I do have to say that I loved it when I first saw it, but now I sort of wish DS9 hadn't relied on so much TNG stuff in the first season. Lursa, B'etor, Q, and Vash all made appearances within the first few shows.

It bugs me a little that the producers didn't think the show could stand on its own merits, but I guess they gave it time to grow. And I'm sure having the TNG guests on DS9 didn't hurt the ratings.

But, yeah, there are some good moments in that show. I like the puzzled look on Quark's face when Q teleports him back into Vash's room.

Got mine last night, I see what you mean about the plastic cover

Can't wait to sit down and watch, Always thought DS9 was the best of current trek.

IMO, they had Picard and O'Brien in there to symbolize that DS9 was branching off from the existing Trek universe, but it still had ties to it.

I think DS9 has the best pilot episode, but overall, I still think TNG is a better series. Nothing can beat Patrick Stewart
    -Chris Barnes
    Visit FBR!

While I have yet to buy it, Going to Sams Club can't beat 89.99 , I saw it today at the record store. The packaging looks very cheap, sorry I mean they could have come up with a lot better illustration for the cover, I would have prefered somthing along the lines of LUG's cover art.

That first season had a lot of loose end to tie up for TNG and to help lead into Generations Hence the Sisters appearence they were hunting for something related to Sorans weapon, Finish Vashes story line, Help resolve Luxana's situtation a little more clearer.