Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Just Got My DS9 Season 1 Boxed Set

Just Got My DS9 Season 1 Boxed Set

Happy, happy, joy, joy.... Just went into my local Wally Mart, a what did my wandering eyes spot... The DS9 Season One Box Set. But boy, oh boy the packaging is horrid.... Great job Paramount!

Yancy

I hate you. I hate you so very much.

Time to go shopping.

I'm going to hit Best Buy, as they have a limited time offer of a free DVD with more DS9 goodies on it. Maybe they'll have the set before the street date too!

Ut! Need DS9 now! Hit crossing-guard with giant sock and find fast! Then escape on atomic pogo stick

In other words, I am going to like this

Originally posted by Ineti
    Time to go shopping.

I'm going to hit Best Buy, as they have a limited time offer of a free DVD with more DS9 goodies on it. Maybe they'll have the set before the street date too!
    I though the offer was for pre-orders of season 2 only. It seems I'll have to swing by Best Buy on my way to work Tuesday...

Originally posted by Mijoro
    I though the offer was for pre-orders of season 2 only. It seems I'll have to swing by Best Buy on my way to work Tuesday...
    The Best Buy flier I got in the paper this morning said the extra DVD is bundled with the season 1 boxed set and is available first come, first served, while supplies last blah blahblah.

Me gonna be at Best Buy first thing Tuesday AM. So I'll be a little late to work, what?

Me gonna be at Best Buy first thing Tuesday AM. So I'll be a little late to work, what?
    Heh. That makes two of us.

I got to Best Buy first thing this morning and picked up the DS9 season 1 set. It's nice. It's actually a little smaller than the TNG boxed sets, so it'll nicely fit on the shelves.

I'll be cracking it open tonight and watching at least "Emissary."

Yeah, I was pleased to see the "smaller" size also - about the same size as the B5 season 1 set. I also like the fact that it's packaged in a plastic slipcover and not paperboard...

HEHE Mines in the mail!!!

You really have to be kidding about the packaging, right??? I appreciate the small size of the set... that's all well and good. But the slipcase and DVD holder is really cheap, and I suspect will fall apart inside of six months.

The episode transfers are great, and the extras are pretty good (check out Michael Piller's radical shirt circa 1992), but the packaging is just horrible.

Yancy

I have to disagree with the packaging. I think it's a step above TNG's packaging. It's easier to get to the DVDs (don't have to unfold the whole works to get to the later disks.

I'll be getting tons of use out of the set for research and pleasure viewing, so even if the set was in steel covers, it would get worn out. I appreciate the aesthetics of the look, though. Much nicer than TNG, IMO.

All in all a winner.

Just watched the special features tonight. They were pretty cool, though any DS9 fan worth his or her salt would already know it all. It was still a nice DS9 fix.

Strangest moment for me was seeing the interviews with Rene Auberjonois in full Odo makeup with his real-life voice. It just felt sooooo wrong. Give me Odo voice when in Odo makeup and your normal voice in normal clothes; don't mix them up!

for the non-native english speakers around here, do the DVD offer english (or other languages) subtitles as an option?

Yes, the DVDs do have English subtitles.

I'll be getting tons of use out of the set for research and pleasure viewing, so even if the set was in steel covers, it would get worn out. I appreciate the aesthetics of the look, though. Much nicer than TNG, IMO.
    Well, I managed to put a crack in the spine of my set already , but I agree - I watched all of disk one tonight and it's top notch so far.

Bring on Season 2!!!