Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: "Starships" Contents

So.... when should we expect the "Starship" book

Re: wowowow!

Originally posted by bilbosmaug
    what about about the:

Sabre Class
    In the Ops Manual.

Shuttlecraft from "Star Trek V" and "Insurrection"?

Captain's Yaht from "Insurrection"?
    See Don's comments above.
    Former Decipher RPG Net Rep

"Doug, at the keyboard, his fingers bleeding" (with thanks to Moriarti)

In D&D3E, Abyssal is not the language of evil vacuum cleaners.

Re: Re: Re: "Starships" Contents

Originally posted by Sho-sa Kurita
    UFP Aerie-Class Surveyor
    The ship the Hansen's took in search of the Borg.

UFP Class III Tanker
    Mentioned as the Kobiyashi Maru and the visual used is the ship Kruge blew up in the beginning of Star Trek III.

Originally posted by Space_Cadet
    So.... when should we expect the "Starship" book
    It's currently scheduled to ship in March.

Cudos to Doug and Don for the Starships and Ops manual info.It's going to be interesting to see if the Akira is a fighter carrier(as mentioned in the Starship Spotter).I'll be glad to see the Saber.Its the ship I'll be assigning to my crew after I blow up their freighter.I wanted to use a Decipher-published ship so my players could go out and buy the book and have thir own reference material.Will the Ops Manual have UFP attack fighters?
    "I am not a Merry Man!"-Worf

Originally posted by Doug Burke
    It's currently scheduled to ship in March.
    Thanks Doug, May the force be with you

Thanks for the info on the Aerie and tanker Doug. I actually figured those were canon ships. I just couldn't conjure which visuals to attach them to. Cool, I really like the idea of a small crew on an Aerie (Voy ep. "The Raven") for those of you who might be curious).

-- Daniel
    - Daniel "A revolution without dancing is a revolution not worth having."

Originally posted by Lowly Uhlan
    Will the Ops Manual have UFP attack fighters?
    Nope. No fighters. Sorry.

DZjzpg

Originally posted by Phantom
    Don't remember the Raptor-class being mentioned.
    This ship is from Enterprise. Your favorite show
    They keep telling me that the beat's going to get me, so I'm avoiding the beat at all costs!!

I think that the selection of ships is excellent. It is a very good cross-representation of ships from various power, of various sizes and eras.

Again, the CODA ship system SHOULD NOT be viewed at through a wargamer's lenses. Tons of different ships don't really work since there aren't many degrees of differentiation between various ships. To take the Romulan example, you have the D'deridex representing a large ship, matching the Galaxy, Sovereign, Vor'Cha, etc. Then you have the Theta (?) which is basically your small size-3 vessel. Then throw 2 or 3 "in-between" ships filling the light-cruiser and heavy-cruiser niches and you have you should have a good selection of ships that cover most situations. Of course, the Starship book has many more rules and systems so surely the level of differentiation between ships will be greater.

Also, I don't want to second-guess the good folks at DEC but I think that part of the theme in the selection of ships is to give us templates to work from for designing ships. For instance, if you picture the Steamrunner as a cross between an Akira and an Intrepid then you'll be able to stat it out from the two given templates.

Good point ,Snake.I think that all of us want to see the stats of the big ships and every Entrprise along with the support vessels and the canon alien ships,but there are several of us who are tabletop starship fanatics who can't help but look at offered ships that way. So I've got to say I'm very happy that the Starfleet Ops Manual is going to feature additional ships.Between the 2 books I'll have enough ships to work with with better rules for construction.Less work for me as a narrator(I've designed about 8 ships for my series).And there will be enough ships listed to have debates over at the game shop with the other ship nuts and to get my wish list going for ENGAGE!.The Miranda and Saber designs will be worth the price of admission alone(I love the smaller ships).
    "I am not a Merry Man!"-Worf

Can't wait!

To see a Borg Cube (official version). I want to see how far off the mark I was.
    "Target all your firepower on the nearest Federation starship!" Yoda, Episode II

Wink

Well I certainly hope it meets your expectations.
    Insert something clever

Paramount told us to consider the <i>Starship Spotter</i> book official, so the <i>Akira</i>-class does indeed carry fighters and a large complement of torpedoes. If you want to play an action-oriented space-combat style <i>Star Trek</i> game, the <i>Akira</i>-class is the modern fast combat vessel for your 24th century Dominion War-era group.

J.H.

Re: DZjzpg

Originally posted by Ensign Deconn
    This ship is from Enterprise. Your favorite show
    Oh the pain. Can someone please tell me how an alien ship, one the humans haven't encountered before, would have such a human name.

Man, you know I sometimes wish Jurassic Park never came out. Since then it has been Raptor this, and Raptor that....Ugh, can't we show some originality???