Thread: Rounded professional ability

Rounded professional ability

Hello,

I'm trying to help someone roll up a Science officer for my game. She wants the character to have some interest in the Operations position as well. I'm starting them with 4 Advancements, being Dominon War babies.

I need help with a matter of interpretation. The Rounded professional ability lets you choose one nonprofessional skill and advance it as a professional skill.

When looking at the list of skills for each profession, often an entire skill group is listed. For example, both Knowledge and Unarmed Combat are professional skills for Starship Officer. They are denoted as, "a skill group. Choose one skill from within the group each time this entry is selected." This implies that the entire group is considered a professional skill for that profession.

Can you see where I'm going, yet? If not, I'll spell it out: Can I choose a skill group (such as Engineering) when taking the Rounded professional ability?
    Uruz - Alexander Skrabut - uruzrune@gmail.com

No, you choose Engineering: Propulsion or Engineering: Systems as the skill for upgrading under the Rounded Ability.

Listen to the Cyborg Wizard, for he is wise and will assimilate you otherwise.

Seriously, though, GoB's right. Only one skill at a time, not a whole skill group.
    Former Decipher RPG Net Rep

"Doug, at the keyboard, his fingers bleeding" (with thanks to Moriarti)

In D&D3E, Abyssal is not the language of evil vacuum cleaners.