Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: "Aliens" Contents

I'm kinda pissed the Wadi didn't make the final cut.

And what about the Grisellas? Decipher missed a sure thing there. So what if they have a long hibernation cycle? It would have been the perfect race for a player who couldn't make every session.

Real shame.

The Wadi? Who?

Yea, I'm with you guys! I'm pissed as hell my favorite species, [name_here] didn't make it as well!

Clearly the product should be designed to meet the needs of my group!

All future products should have a 30 day window for all the Internet-enabled fans to vote on the contents. Who's with me!?!?

P.S. A Google search tells me the Wadi appeared in DS9 S1 in "Move Along Home." Are they the guys with the wierd hair?

P.P.S Yup. Not so much the hair as their tattoo.

I'm glad S.Bob spoke up about the Corporate body there. I thought I was going to have to step for a minute.
    - Daniel "A revolution without dancing is a revolution not worth having."

As usual, I'm a step ahead -- the Wadi, the Sheliak and a bunch of other guys with weird facial prosthetics or costumes will make appearances in various supplementary books.

A lot of the Aliens choices came down to the questions of "Do these guys show up more than once? Are they interesting enough to use in a series? Could they be used by players?" Most of the aliens fit at least two of the three criteria. Other alien types with minor roles will, of course, show up in future material.

J.H.

Borg, all the major Dominion races, AND the Vidiians?

Great...there goes another 30 bucks

And of course, the Great Tholians made it. For me, this is a sure buy as any book which includes a Tellarite write up.
    Insurance is like marriage. You pay and pay but you never get anything back. - Al Bundy

Originally posted by Jesse Heinig
    As usual, I'm a step ahead -- the Wadi, the Sheliak and a bunch of other guys with weird facial prosthetics or costumes will make appearances in various supplementary books.
    Wow. And I was just kidding.

Unhappy

I'm actually a little disappointed. I've been waiting for this book, but I guess I had a different book in mind.

None of the species I wanted to see, with the possible exception of the Betelgueseans and Zaranites, are included. I need PC species for my players to play. While cool, Tholians, Horta and Q (who doesn't need stats or game mechanics info) aren't really what I had in mind.

I am very happy to hear there are species in the SFOM though.

AndorMan
    Feeling Blue

Thumbs up

Originally posted by Jesse Heinig
    Once again Jesse proves that his "is superior."

Did I miss it?
    I didn't see Ferengi in there...

I assume that they would be in the book, right - I mean they've played a slightly larger role on screen than the Betelgeusians...

Originally posted by AndorMan
    None of the species I wanted to see, with the possible exception of the Betelgueseans and Zaranites, are included. I need PC species for my players to play. While cool, Tholians, Horta and Q (who doesn't need stats or game mechanics info) aren't really what I had in mind.
    Almost all of these species could, in fact, be PC races, AndorMan. They couldn't necessarily be Star Fleet PCs, mind you, but most of those races are...well, playable. (The concept of a Horta PC has me thinking funny thoughts, but only because it would require some sort of encounter suit, I think.)

Out of idle curiosity...what was it you were looking for in terms of species?
    Patrick Goodman -- Tilting at Windmills

"I dare you to do better." -- Captain Christopher Pike

Beyond the Final Frontier: CODA Star Trek RPG Support

Originally posted by sed
    Did I miss it?
    I didn't see Ferengi in there...
    IIRC, the Ferengi are already in the Narrator's Guide.

Originally posted by CorpBoy
    IIRC, the Ferengi are already in the Narrator's Guide.
    Player's Guide, actually.

Originally posted by PGoodman13
    Almost all of these species could, in fact, be PC races, AndorMan. They couldn't necessarily be Star Fleet PCs, mind you, but most of those races are...well, playable. (The concept of a Horta PC has me thinking funny thoughts, but only because it would require some sort of encounter suit, I think.)

Out of idle curiosity...what was it you were looking for in terms of species?
    Playable? Perhaps...but Q, Devidians, Medusans, Borg, Talosians...sorry, no PCs of these types in my campaign.

I was hoping for those species we don't know much about, but have made their way in Trek Lore...Saurians, Rigellians, Arkenites, Troyians, Amaazaarrites, Denobulans, Megarites, Boslics, Tamarians, whatever new name you want to call the Caitians...

More then I can easily list here.

AndorMan
    We Are The Worlds