Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: "Aliens" Contents

Unhappy No Ferengi?!

Races covered in the Starfleet Ops Manual are given full descriptions in the Aliens book. So, why not Ferengi?!

Question-

what races covered in LUG's Planets of the UFP are also covered in Decipher's Aliens?

I hear you...

Originally posted by Identity Crisis
    I know that Efrosian was what the makeup department called that race, but it's not 'canon' 'cos it was never on screen, (yeah whatever). [/B]
    Just like Caitians are now Regulans

I know TAS is not canon, but I thought the Edoan and Caitian races were cool. Has anyone written up CODA stats for these races?
    They keep telling me that the beat's going to get me, so I'm avoiding the beat at all costs!!

Bump for Uhlan.

Re: I hear you...

Originally posted by Ensign Deconn
    Just like Caitians are now Regulans

I know TAS is not canon, but I thought the Edoan and Caitian races were cool. Has anyone written up CODA stats for these races?
    If they renamed the Caitians and designed them why do you want stats? Regulans reflect what we have seen of Mrrrss in the Star Trek Animated series. She did show something like the Wide-Spectrum Hearing like the Regulans. A high Dexterity and Perception as well. I do not recall the Nightvision but I am cool with it. I just do not see how these are not Caitians if not in name.

I have noticed alot of people not like the Regulans not being Caitian because they do not have Hand Claws. I am not saying this about Ensign Deconn but I have noticed alot of other Posters posting this. Other than I believe FASA, Starfleet Battles and/or the GURPs Starfleet Battles games indicate this, which they are not cannon and they made up this idea. We have never seen Hand Claws in the Animated Series at all. If I have missed the Episode please tell me.

As for Edoan Stats. I plan on making my own when Aliens Manual comes out. I am also buying the GURPs Starfleet Battles Book to help me design the Edoans so I can have Edoans in my game. If I like them enough I'll post them for people to use and abuse and modify to where they see them.
    Last edited by T'lara; 05-17-2003 at 09:56 AM.
    Hey my opinion

Without Star Trek: The Original Series there would be no other Trek Series or Movies regardless of shows rewriting the Series past.

Okay, two things i was wondering:

a) what happened to the Chelerians? They crawled back into the swamps or something?

b) what's up with the flaxians having +1 str and vit? they don't seem much stronger than the average human, and i don't recall anything from the episode metioning them being tougher than humans...

c) who wrote up each species? i'ma curious.
    Portfolio | Blog Currently Running: Call of Cthulhu, Star Trek GUMSHOE Currently Playing: DramaSystem, Swords & Wizardry

Smile It's a Feddie Conspiracy, says I!

Sorry to revive an old thread, but I just bought the Aliens book.

And, WTF?!? No Ferengi!

I know they're basically covered in the PG, but so were Bajorans, Betazoids, Cardassians, Humans, Klingons, Ocampa, Talaxians, Trill, and Vulcans. There's also expanded entries for those species covered in the NG. I mean, come on, Ferengi certainly had more screen time and are a better Player Character race than Ocampa, or even Horta and Gomtuu!?!

WTF! No Ferengi! AAARGH!

Other than this little issue, I loved the book. All around great work. Major kudos to all involved. This will really help my soon-to-be started online game!

I'm not just complaining. I really do love the book! Major oversight, though. Everyone has it in for us little orange men. Guess I better get to work on some Ferengi packages and write ups.

LQ
    Drunken DM and the Speak with Dead spell: "No, I'm not the limed-over skeleton of the abbot, and no this special key in my boney fingers does not open the door to the secret treasury! ... Oh crap."

Say, is there any errata for ALEINS yet?

I noticed a few oopes, such as the "switch" of teh Hidrsal and Chaka stats under the Andorians.

While it is easy for us ICON folk to spot stuff like this, those not familar with ICON'S Among the Clans sourcebook might not.

Originally posted by tonyg
    Say, is there any errata for ALEINS yet?
    I recall that Doug - on the Decipher Trek message board - stated that he was working on some errata for Starships; I have no idea whether Aliens was to be included on the list at some point. In any case, this was roughly three months ago, just before the Decipher meltdown. I honestly don't know if he's continued with that or if the project has fallen by the wayside over the last twelve weeks or so.

I have a feeling that it's probably going to fall to the population here to take up the slack, with appropriately selected volunteers checking with Doug to make sure about the errors and the proposed corrections. The assembled results might, as a suggestion, be available in a PDF, similar to what the WotC Star Wars publications have on their site.

have a feeling that it's probably going to fall to the population here to take up the slack, with appropriately selected volunteers checking with Doug to make sure about the errors and the proposed corrections. The assembled results might, as a suggestion, be available in a PDF, similar to what the WotC Star Wars publications have on their site.
    Hmm, with that [probably] being the case, I better start to keep notes. Maybe I can jumpstart this and save some people some work. Most errata fixes are fairly obvious. Ususally, one can figure out what the designers inteneded. Probably less than 10% of the errata requires help from the "higher powers" to unravel.

Hey, now that the Chaka/Hsrial thing got me looking over the Aliens book, I started to work up some more Andorian Keths for CODA too, converting over ICON stuff from AtC. Maybe I should type it up and post it?

Originally posted by D.S.McBride
    I recall that Doug - on the Decipher Trek message board - stated that he was working on some errata for Starships; I have no idea whether Aliens was to be included on the list at some point. In any case, this was roughly three months ago, just before the Decipher meltdown. I honestly don't know if he's continued with that or if the project has fallen by the wayside over the last twelve weeks or so.

I have a feeling that it's probably going to fall to the population here to take up the slack, with appropriately selected volunteers checking with Doug to make sure about the errors and the proposed corrections. The assembled results might, as a suggestion, be available in a PDF, similar to what the WotC Star Wars publications have on their site.
    I am still working on the idea of support documents for Trek similar to those for LOTR, but life's been a little hectic lately. Any suggestions you guys want to make would be greatly appreicated (that's how the LOTR support docs were created, too). If you have suggestions for errata, points that need CRF-style clarification, or questions that seem to come up a lot, send them to me through email (<a href="mailto:trekrpginfo@decipher.com">trekrpginfo @decipher.com<a>).
    Former Decipher RPG Net Rep

"Doug, at the keyboard, his fingers bleeding" (with thanks to Moriarti)

In D&D3E, Abyssal is not the language of evil vacuum cleaners.

Originally posted by tonyg
    Hey, now that the Chaka/Hsrial thing got me looking over the Aliens book, I started to work up some more Andorian Keths for CODA too, converting over ICON stuff from AtC. Maybe I should type it up and post it?
    That would be an excellent idea, tony. I, for one, would love to see it.

I know I posted a bunch of them, and so did one of te other board members. It was a while ago; I don't remember the thread, so...

ALDIN: 'colonial' keth, mostly scientists. +1 Social Science (Xenoarcheology) or +1 Specific World (choose)

ANIRI: +1 and science (choose 1 spec.) or +1 history (choose 1)

ATHRUN: traditional military keth. +1 sys ops (flght control) or +1 operatve vehicle (choose)

AVOLA: philosophers and psychologists. +1 medicine (psychiatry) or +1 social science (sociology) or +1 literature (andorian philosophy)

BIREV: engineering keth. +1 construction (structure) or +1 structural engineering (metalurgy)

CLANESS: mining and other labor. +1 athletics (choose) or +1 construction (mining)

DOVORO: bankers & business. + 1 appraise (choose) or +1 enterprise/business (banking)

DRA: astronomers. +1 space sciences (choose)

ENDILEV: famed Andorian ale brewers. +1 craft (brewing) or +1 appraise (alcohol)

GHOREV: professional athletes. +1 athletics (choose) or +1 sport (kochek)

IDISHA: actors, performers. +1 entertain/acting (drama or comedy) or +1 entertain/writing (playwright)

IDRANI: warrior clan specializing in archaic forms; many are Andoiran Guardsmen. +1 armed combat (chaka hramdal) or +1 ranged combat/archaic (hrisal)

IVARI: +1 structural engineering (spaceframe) or +1 space science (choose)

IVOS: +1 any language

KALETH: +1 athletics (animal handling) or +1 life sciences (zoology)

KOR: diplomats, politicians. +1 persuade (oratory) or +1 negotiate (choose)

OMTALA: weavers, other textiles. +1 craft (weaving) or +1 appraise (textiles)

P'TRELL: doctors and scientists. +1 medicine (andorian) or +1 life sciences (choose)

RIMOSI: computers and other technical professions. +1 computer use (choose) or +1 systems engineering (computer systems)

UCALNATH/CULNA: "Andorian rebels", known for their combat skills (usually rogues and soldiers.) +2 armed combat/primitive (choose) and +1 unarmed combat/pel tann; Disgraced Keth: -2 social tests with other Andorians

UPORU: law enforcements and judiciary. +1 law (andorian)

VETRA: historical performers of martial arts. +1 entertain/dancing (amdanalnar) or +1 history (andorian)
    "War is an ugly thing but not the ugliest of things; the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feelings which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

John Stuart Mill

Originally posted by qerlin
    I know I posted a bunch of them, and so did one of te other board members. It was a while ago; I don't remember the thread, so...

ALDIN: 'colonial' keth, mostly scientists. +1 Social Science (Xenoarcheology) or +1 Specific World (choose)

ANIRI: +1 and science (choose 1 spec.) or +1 history (choose 1)

ATHRUN: traditional military keth. +1 sys ops (flght control) or +1 operatve vehicle (choose)

AVOLA: philosophers and psychologists. +1 medicine (psychiatry) or +1 social science (sociology) or +1 literature (andorian philosophy)

BIREV: engineering keth. +1 construction (structure) or +1 structural engineering (metalurgy)

CLANESS: mining and other labor. +1 athletics (choose) or +1 construction (mining)

DOVORO: bankers & business. + 1 appraise (choose) or +1 enterprise/business (banking)

DRA: astronomers. +1 space sciences (choose)

ENDILEV: famed Andorian ale brewers. +1 craft (brewing) or +1 appraise (alcohol)

GHOREV: professional athletes. +1 athletics (choose) or +1 sport (kochek)

IDISHA: actors, performers. +1 entertain/acting (drama or comedy) or +1 entertain/writing (playwright)

IDRANI: warrior clan specializing in archaic forms; many are Andoiran Guardsmen. +1 armed combat (chaka hramdal) or +1 ranged combat/archaic (hrisal)

IVARI: +1 structural engineering (spaceframe) or +1 space science (choose)

IVOS: +1 any language

KALETH: +1 athletics (animal handling) or +1 life sciences (zoology)

KOR: diplomats, politicians. +1 persuade (oratory) or +1 negotiate (choose)

OMTALA: weavers, other textiles. +1 craft (weaving) or +1 appraise (textiles)

P'TRELL: doctors and scientists. +1 medicine (andorian) or +1 life sciences (choose)

RIMOSI: computers and other technical professions. +1 computer use (choose) or +1 systems engineering (computer systems)

UCALNATH/CULNA: "Andorian rebels", known for their combat skills (usually rogues and soldiers.) +2 armed combat/primitive (choose) and +1 unarmed combat/pel tann; Disgraced Keth: -2 social tests with other Andorians

UPORU: law enforcements and judiciary. +1 law (andorian)

VETRA: historical performers of martial arts. +1 entertain/dancing (amdanalnar) or +1 history (andorian)
    Very cool, qerlin. Thanks.

Okay Doug,

I'll email you with anything I spot in the book. With two product lines, mutiple sourcebooks and Decipher'S RPG line in limbo, I understand that you might not have time to get to this for awhile.

Still, thanks for the feedback and support.

No matter how things turn out with CODA, you've been very helpful to a lot of people over the last couple of years. Thanks.

querlin's keth write ups look pretty good to me too. I am going to compare them with what I have and see if it is worth posting (a lot of it is redundant).

About the only real difference that I can spot is with Keth Vetra's andanalar. I think I did it as a Sport instead (I wanted to use Athletics, but sport allowed me to use the same controlling stat as in Primitive Weaponry, AGL).

Similar problems crop up when dealing with something like T'ai Chi or Wu Shu. A combat art, mental discipline, exercise regimen, and form of experession. Or if someone takes Sport: Archery.