Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: "Aliens" Contents

figure that amdanalnar isn't so much a martial art in and of itself but a shadow play of sorts...it looks good; like chinese ballet can pass for martial arts in a lot of flicks. it's 'theater fencing'. you might want to give it an armed combat/chaka prereq. it's described by S John as more theater than sport.

it looks pretty, it can work in self-defense, but it's not a work-a-day fighting style. any amdanalnar practitioner worth their salt would probably have a half-decent chaka hramdal skill, as well.

however...it's your campaign so have at. glad you liked the keth stuff -- pretty much stolen right out of the clans book for icon.
    "War is an ugly thing but not the ugliest of things; the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feelings which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

John Stuart Mill

querlin,

No argument here-I just ddn't consider going with entertain.

I also agree that just about any practicioner of amdanalnar (or any Andorian for that matter) would probably have some armed combat skill to complement things anyway. Sort of goes with living in a dueling culture.

While you are on a roll, you wouldn't happen to have written up some errata for Aliens?

Although it would be a great NPC moment if the characters have to fight on of these guys & think the NPC's the ultimate bad-ass becuase they're impressiveon stage...then they find out thathe actually has not real-life combat skill and they put him down -- BOOM.
    "War is an ugly thing but not the ugliest of things; the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feelings which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

John Stuart Mill

Is there additional information about the Orions in the Guide? (stuff not mentioned in the Narrators' Guide)

Because that would be the only reason I might buy the book

Originally posted by Gorefiend
    Is there additional information about the Orions in the Guide? (stuff not mentioned in the Narrators' Guide)

Because that would be the only reason I might buy the book
    In a word, yes.
    Former Decipher RPG Net Rep

"Doug, at the keyboard, his fingers bleeding" (with thanks to Moriarti)

In D&D3E, Abyssal is not the language of evil vacuum cleaners.

Originally posted by Doug Burke
    In a word, yes.
    You should post a warning before posting such a spolier!

More seriously, I think the Orions get something like 4 pages in ALIENS.

One thing to consider when you have a character that has BOTH the combat and sport form of a martial skill is that the focus on form and grace often stressed in the sport forms can be an asset when performing the skill under combat conditions, as long as the character has had proper instruction and practice in the difference between play fighting and life-or-death fighting. I would suggest, and am considering for my own game, allowing some sort of synergy bonus to martial skills when the character posesses high enough levels of both the sport/ entertainment version and combat skills.

Originally posted by tonyg
    querlin,

No argument here-I just ddn't consider going with entertain.

I also agree that just about any practicioner of amdanalnar (or any Andorian for that matter) would probably have some armed combat skill to complement things anyway. Sort of goes with living in a dueling culture.

While you are on a roll, you wouldn't happen to have written up some errata for Aliens?

Target on the mover!

Originally posted by tanksoldier
    One thing to consider when you have a character that has BOTH the combat and sport form of a martial skill is that the focus on form and grace often stressed in the sport forms can be an asset when performing the skill under combat conditions, as long as the character has had proper instruction and practice in the difference between play fighting and life-or-death fighting. I would suggest, and am considering for my own game, allowing some sort of synergy bonus to martial skills when the character posesses high enough levels of both the sport/ entertainment version and combat skills.
    If a Narrator is feeling generous, he can allow a +1 Affinity bonus between the sport and combat forms...
    Former Decipher RPG Net Rep

"Doug, at the keyboard, his fingers bleeding" (with thanks to Moriarti)

In D&D3E, Abyssal is not the language of evil vacuum cleaners.

Question Just curious, ...

... who was responsible for the Klingons chapter?
    The way the are described, they almost sound worse than the Nausicaans.
    “Worried? I’m scared to death. But I’ll be damned if I’m going to let them change the way I live my life.” - Joseph Sisko - Paradise Lost