View Poll Results: Which Star Trek Theme do you like?

Voters
67. You may not vote on this poll
  • Star Trek: TOS

3 4.48%
  • Star Trek: TNG

16 23.88%
  • Star Trek: DS9

24 35.82%
  • Star Trek: VOY

10 14.93%
  • Star Trek: ENT

14 20.90%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Which of the theme songs do you prefer?

Originally posted by Owen E Oulton
    Well, OK, TOS had lyrics, but they were never used...
    And the only reason it had lyrics was so that the Great Bird of the Galaxy could snag a co-writing credit and royalties from Alexander Courage.

Kind of an underhanded thing to do...

Originally posted by erhershman
    I find that incredibly hard to believe. Gene Roddenberry has just never struck me as the type who would pull a cheap stunt like that.
    Sadly, this is true. And when questioned about it, Roddenberry said something like "I have to make money where I can."

He also spent most of the TOS third season managing Lincoln Enterprises -- a company he created to sell licensed merchandise like IDIC pins. This left a critical season with a poor budget and worse time slot mostly in the hands of Fred "The Show Killer" Freiberger.

Gene had a wonderful vision, but he also had his human foibles.

Originally posted by Fesarius
    Gene had a wonderful vision, but he also had his human foibles.
    Well, human foibles are one of the themes of Star Trek. And he wouldn't be the first one to do something like that either, and sadly he definitely won't be the last.
    "Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens."

-Gimli, son of Gloin (The Fellowship of the Ring)

Hmmm. Favourite theme music...

I'd have to say TNG. Actually, I prefer the TMP movie theme as it's more operatic but there ya go...

DS9 is very good, inspiring but doesn't capture the "Trek" feel quite as well as TNG. In terms of sheer quality though it is as good if not better.

VOY theme is OK but I prefer the "remix" done for the Elite Force computer game (now the series theme of my campaign set aboard an Intrepid-Class ship)

TOS. To quote the great Homer. J. Simpson "Strap yourselves in and FEEL THE CHEESE!!!". But great to listen to when drunk (as I am right now in case you hadn't guessed... ).

ENT song is alright but unfortunately about the only thing that is regarding the entire show.
    "That might have been the biggest mistake of my life..."

"It is unlikely. I predict there is scope for even greater mistakes in the future given your obvious talent for them."

Vila and Orac, Blake's Seven

Actually, I'm only "tipsy" as opposed to "drunk". Or, in Red Dwarf parlance: "Nicely drunk!". 3/4 of a bottle of a very cheeky Merlot - the rest went in the bolognese sauce...
    "That might have been the biggest mistake of my life..."

"It is unlikely. I predict there is scope for even greater mistakes in the future given your obvious talent for them."

Vila and Orac, Blake's Seven

Originally posted by Lowly Uhlan
    I'm 1 of the 2 people that voted for TOS.It's campy and overly dramatic but so appropriate.The rest of TOS music is undoubtably the best in Trek(though a trained musician would probably disagree).
    Actually, as a trained musician and composer, I have to say that I agree with you completely. TOS had some of the finest incidental music featured on the Trek shows, certainly; but it's not too much of stretch to say some of the finest to be aired on television period. It was very well written. Very symphonic.

~Robert
    The Artist Formerly Known as Croniton Bob