Thread: [CODA] Norway Class Diplomatic/Scientific Destroyer

Fredonia NY/Niagara Falls/Whereever I feel like it

[CODA] Norway Class Diplomatic/Scientific Destroyer

Note before I begin. This is just a translation over to the new rules. It's a test to see if I have this system down right. Any thoughts, please let me know!!!

Chris

Norway Class Destroyer
    Crew: 150
    Size: 6, 12 Decks
    Structure: 34
    Cargo Units: 50

Impulse Systems: Class 5A(.9c, C Reliability)
    Warp Engines: Class 6A2(6/8/9.2, D Reliability)

Operational and Life Support Systems: Both Class 2(C Reliability)
    Sensors: Class 2(+2/+1/+0/+0/+0, C Reliability)
    Shuttlebay(2 Size 2 Shuttlecraft, 1 Size 1 Shuttlecraft)
    Transporters: 3 Personnel, 3 Emergency, and 3 Cargo

1 Type 9 Phaser, 4 Type 7 Phasers: Overall Penetration: 6/5/5/0/0 Reliability C
    2 Type 5 Torpedo Launchers, 1 Mark 1 Quantum Torpedo Launcher: Penetration: 5/5/5/5/5, Reliability: C

Uff Da!

Nor Way! Nor Way! Woo Hoo!

Sounds good, but why would a destroyer (which has shorter mission plans and is smaller) have as many crew as an Intrepid class Explorer. Keep in mind that the Norway is also as new if not newer and so would have greater automation and therefore also less crew.

The Defiant had 40, so I would go for more than that, perhaps 60-80 crew?
    We live in a world where one in a million chances happen nine times out of ten...

Smile

I've got just one question: What is a diplomatic/scientific destroyer?

-"Ambassador, they have refused to accept points 9 through 14 of your treaty proposal."

-"Aim photon torpedoes at their warp core. Let's see if they are willing to rethink their position."

OR

-"Captain, the electrical discharges in the nebula could very well represent a form of intelligence."

-"Fascinating! Engineering, reroute energy from life support on the lower decks to the forward phaser array!..."
    “Worried? I’m scared to death. But I’ll be damned if I’m going to let them change the way I live my life.” - Joseph Sisko - Paradise Lost

Stats and stuff look good, although I would definitely change that classification and type to something else

Actually already have done that. It's now just a Medium Cruiser. It's actually the main ship for my alternate universe hoping campaign set in 2380 through e-mail. If you want to join, just drop me a line...

Oh wait... shameless plug for my game.

Chris

The rules which I have (kudos Mr. Long) for the Norway were for a Fast Frigate which sounds about right for something as lightly armed as this. The gripe I have is that it is too big. Both it and the Intrepid are size 6. Is this thing the same size?! I wouldn't have thought so.
    We live in a world where one in a million chances happen nine times out of ten...

Well, I've been told from different sources:

10 decks... 12 decks... 14 decks... 16 decks...

Right now, it's at 12 decks... it's an odd ship with not much history behind it... that's why I did it the way I did it. I mean, yeah, its as big as Voyager.. but it is out gunned by the ship. Also, I've read that the crew neccessary is cut down a lot by the fact that it is automated... which makes me think that the crew size whould be larger...

Of course, when the ship is trapped in alternate universes in the game... Heh... people will worry about filling all the spots.
    Last edited by BlackCord; 03-10-2003 at 09:20 PM.

Originally posted by Ergi
    I've got just one question: What is a diplomatic/scientific destroyer?

-"Ambassador, they have refused to accept points 9 through 14 of your treaty proposal."

-"Aim photon torpedoes at their warp core. Let's see if they are willing to rethink their position."

OR

-"Captain, the electrical discharges in the nebula could very well represent a form of intelligence."

-"Fascinating! Engineering, reroute energy from life support on the lower decks to the forward phaser array!..."

ROTFL

That would be called "Negotiating with Extreme Prejudice!"

Originally posted by BlackCord
    Also, I've read that the crew neccessary is cut down a lot by the fact that it is automated... which makes me think that the crew size whould be larger.
    Just curious as to why automation (which is ment to reduce crew requirements) would instead increase crew requirements?
    Steven "redwood973" Wood

"Man does not fail. He gives up trying."

Hmmm.. didn't make sense.

In the descriptions, the automation stuff would make the crew size smaller than it usually is. That's why the crew number in the listing is such. I think without the automated systems.. it might be in the neighborhood of 250 or 300 people... have no clue how you would fit them all there. Eh. Not a big deal.

The Norway is a very new ship (2369 or thereabouts) and would include some of the latest systems. Logically therefore it would have a smaller crew component. It's only a destroyer. The Intrepid has 150 personnel. Is a destroyer really going to carry more people than an Explorer?