Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The next Coda RPG?

Originally posted by Phantom
    The Matrix as an RPG?

Hmmm, strikes me like net running in Cyberpunk or Shadowrun. Kinda neat, but so time consuming. I guess if the whole game is in the 'net'....We'll just have to see.

I am rather banking on something else, not sure what.
    We played a rather fun Matrix RPG using the Fuzion rules. They adapted rather well to the situation by having the players create very basic 'real' characters and then have the ability to load a skill set when your character entered the Matrix. It was a good adventure and I wish we had done more of it.
    "The best diplomat I know is a fully activated phaser bank" -Montgomery Scott

...But I'd really, really like to see an official SG-1 game. I've downloaded the SG-13 game rules for GURPS and while its fun, the real thing would be so cool. CODA would be perfect for this and- get this- we'd have a set of CODA modern rules for all the USAF and Marine stuff!!

Andromeda would be good.

To my knowledge, there are no plans for a third licensed RPG from Decipher.
    Former Decipher RPG Net Rep

"Doug, at the keyboard, his fingers bleeding" (with thanks to Moriarti)

In D&D3E, Abyssal is not the language of evil vacuum cleaners.

Originally posted by Doug Burke
    To my knowledge, there are no plans for a third licensed RPG from Decipher.
    Oh well... But then, Decipher's already getting the majority of my game money over the next month!

Thanks anyway, Doug!

I think CODA is strong enough for Decipher to do a generic, expandable system, and would like for them to do a non-licensed product. That way they're still good to go if/when licenses go away. Actually, I think it would be well suited to a near-future cyberpunk/early space exploration type thing. Although some form of mecha action would really float my boat. Using a variation of Trek's ship systems/combat could be quite interesting for mecha. Hmmmm...something to work on...

-- Daniel
    - Daniel "A revolution without dancing is a revolution not worth having."

How about a CODA James Bond/Espionage RPG.... droooollll....

Yancy

For Coda to become more of a universal game, there would have to rework the edges and skills. Making them less genere specific. Giving broader lists of skills under the headings.

Edges would have to be shared and verified for all generes not just one or the other..

Trait upgrade.. in ST.. this could be used overly hard in LOTR..

I would not like to see the Coda system turned into a Universal game.. Leave it the way it is.
    May your worlds be at peace. Never assume, that the pointy eared first officer is Vulcan.

Red face Probably never happen...

But I think these rules would lend themselves nicely to a Babylon 5 RPG. However, i believe someone else has the rights...
    They keep telling me that the beat's going to get me, so I'm avoiding the beat at all costs!!

PRobably not going to happen

JMS has mentioned that an B5 RPG will be produced some time this year, by a "major game company" I don't remember the exact thread, but its posted on the old B5Wars forums (which were still open last week). It won't be AoG though, they went under once WB pulled their licence on the starship tactical game

Hope this helps.
    "Alas, not another witty signature shall pass from these fingers for madness has become all too common"

B5 RPG

Mongoose Publishing has the B5 license and are doing a d20 version. I'm not sure if they qualify as a "major" game company or not, but their game comes out in May. It would probably not be difficult to convert it to the CODA system, although I suspect it's going to be a pretty decent game in it's own right.

Allen

I totally agree with the need for a SG-1 RPG ... I'm not saying Decipher has to do it ...

But I'd buy it most definitely if it were D20 or CODA system ... even if they screwed it up and it stank ... I love the show and movie so much, I'd spend the time to fix it ...

It gives me goosebumps just thinking of stats for Staff weapons and Gliders ... ooo ... alien races ...

Gosh ... G'ould modifiers to stats would be nasty ...
    All powergamers will want to play Tok'ra ... hehe
    <b><font color=red>Vixen~of~Venus</font></b><br><a href="http://www.venution.net">The Venution Network</a>

For the record ...

Wizards of the Coast is handling some George R.R. Martin material. Or, rather, I suppose Paizo is, since this material will be appearing in Dragon. As of the time of this writing, I believe it will be appearing in the very next issue, though I may be mistaken.

As for games with furious action possibilities, I'd like to recommend Feng Shui, of course. www.atlas-games.com/fengshui

I got here too late for the dissolution of the rumor, but I'd like to say that I'd probably buy a Matrix RPG book if it was as pretty as the Star Trek and Lord of the Rings games are, but I would be unlikely to actually play it.

My understanding is, though, that the upcoming Animatrix short films, and the sequels, will present a larger universe with more ships and pirates hacking the matrix. That could be fine-enough backdrop to an RPG.

I hope the game that Don's working on is Futurama. Don?

word,
    Will

My bet's on Stargate (if the rumour is true at all, that is) -- but then that's probably just wishful thinking.

I still reckon Stargate SG-1 was just about written with an RPG spin-off in mind: small teams of about 4, taking only what they can carry, diving straight into a sci-fi universe without all the nasty messing about with taking weeks to travel from planet to planet...if we got together to design a TV show that would fit perfectly into an RPG setting, I seriously doubt we could come up with something better.

The great joke in our household is how my wife tried to get me to watch SG-1 when it first came out. I wouldn't touch it - I really liked the movie, and I hated McGuyver, so I wouldn't go near it.

Then I did my back at work and spent two weeks flat on the lounge-room floor. Janetta went and hired the first 2 seasons on video.

A week later, I was absolutely hooked, and have been ever since.

Stargate RPG?

BRING. IT. ON!!!!!!
    When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for others.

It's the same when you are stupid...

I agree.. If The next Coda game is SG-1 I have to say the same..

BRING IT ON>>>>
    May your worlds be at peace. Never assume, that the pointy eared first officer is Vulcan.