Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The next Coda RPG?

Re: For the record ...

Originally posted by Lt. Dade
    My understanding is, though, that the upcoming Animatrix short films, and the sequels, will present a larger universe with more ships and pirates hacking the matrix. That could be fine-enough backdrop to an RPG.
    Will
    Speaking of the Animatrix shorts ... when any of you download the 2nd one off of the site (www.intothematrix.com) ... does it have sound for you guys? I download quicktime and install it, it runs fine with brand new trailers off of Apple, but when I try to watch the Animatrix short #2 ... it has no sound ... but #1 has sound ... I think they ... $#%&ed it up!

Anyhoo, here is what I'd love to see RPG-Wise:
    Stargate SG1
    Dune
    The Matrix
    <b><font color=red>Vixen~of~Venus</font></b><br><a href="http://www.venution.net">The Venution Network</a>

CODA is a good base system, but Decipher probably can't go out and purchase a lot of rights. The Dune RPG was with WoTC after the LUG purchase, I haven't heard if they still have those rights or not. It should be fairly easy to bring over though (provided you have a copy of the only printing). Another option would be Andromeda, ST mechanics are almost there. Just dealing with the production company might be difficult, their site/message boards seem almost schzo.
    "Alas, not another witty signature shall pass from these fingers for madness has become all too common"

Unfortunately, no one can be told ...

Hey VixenonVenus,

I haven't done any of the labor to dl the Animatrix shorts myself, yet, so I don't have any advice for you. The best I can say is that I have trouble with QT with great and astonishing frequency.

word,
    Will

Personally, I would wish that Decipher would clean up the lines it already has in the hopper before it decides to branch out.

Yes, the CODA system is good. I think it could be applied to many other areas (just as D20, GURPS, and others have). Conversely the slowdowns in the release dates on the games they are already running would make me hesitate before signing on for another setting.

Just personal thoughts -- this is not meant as a personal attack on anyone, just a deep sigh of frustration.

Since no one else has nominated it, I'm voting for CODA Firefly. I bet Joss Whedon could be persuaded to share some of his ideas for the RPG, since it looks like the series has gone to Boot Hill.

Burn the land and boil the sea
    You can't take the sky from me
    + &lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;<

Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight. Psalm 144:1

Originally posted by Aldaron
    My bet's on Stargate
    AEG

No-one at Decipher is currently working on any other properties, beyond what we've already got out. At least in the RPG building.
    Game On!

Originally posted by vegasthroat
    My bet is SONG OF ICE AND FIRE.
    By George RR Martin.

No one else will fess up to it. and the people who have the CCG expressly DO NOT have the rights to the RPG.
    Decipher does not have the license to Martin's SoI&F books. Someone else does.

And sorry, I can't say who.

Originally posted by mattcolville
    AEG

No-one at Decipher is currently working on any other properties, beyond what we've already got out. At least in the RPG building.
    D'oh!

By the way, what's "AEG"?
    When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for others.

It's the same when you are stupid...

Originally posted by Aldaron

By the way, what's "AEG"?
    Alderac Entertainment Group. They are publishers of the Legend of the Five Rings RPG, 7th Sea RPG, Spycraft RPG, and Farscape RPG. They also do several CCGs related to the titles above.
    Gabriel Alexander Vampyre

Arrow Re: George R. R. Martin's "A Song of Ice and Fire"

See why it pays to play more than D20:
    javascript:void openWindow('/company/press/2003-03-18_1.html');

If that doesn't work, then go to the bottom of:
    http://www.guardiansorder.com/
    It's a press release...

Now you know...And knowing is half the battle
    ...and that's about the time it hit the fan...

Truisms I know:
    1) Marvel is NOT better than DC (nor should EVERYTHING be ‘ULTIMITED’),
    2) D20 is NOT the best gaming system out there (nor should EVERYTHING be ‘crammed’ into it),
    3) And No matter how ‘THEY’ dress it up, Regardless of how ‘THEY’ title it, and even if ‘THEY’ say “BASED ON…”; “ENTERPRISE” IS NOT STAR TREK!!!
    4) 'Reality' T.V. ain't 'Real'