Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The next Coda RPG?

Lightbulb The next Coda RPG?

It has been mentioned on these boards that Decipher are working on another licenced RPG.

Now my FLGS owner mentioned that Decipher have new CCG coming out in a few months. My bet is that the CCG and RPG will be for the same property.

And that is:

Drum roll:

The Matrix.
    Greg

"The dreams in which I'm dying are the best I've ever had."
    Madworld, Donnie Darko.

Hey, that would be nice. I always thought the Matrix would be a nice setting for a RPG.

Of course, this might as well be a Harry Potter RPG (no, I don't like HP... with absolutely no reason )
    "The main difference between Trekkies and Manchester United fans is that Trekkies never trashed a train carriage. So why are the Trekkies the social outcasts?"
    Terry Pratchett

I dunno about that

I mean the whole idea is to eventually be as cool as Neo, but he is the ONE!

There is no spoon.

I always have troubles with these games set in universe designed to tell one story (BTVS has proven me wrong though).

We shall see I guess.

Hey, Neo is the One, but the others had cool powers as well as far as controlling the Matrix goes...

After all, there are games set in the LOTR setting, but they doesn't revolve around the One ring... and so on.

And maybe the upcoming movies will give more data on the world and more possible stories setting.
    "The main difference between Trekkies and Manchester United fans is that Trekkies never trashed a train carriage. So why are the Trekkies the social outcasts?"
    Terry Pratchett

Don't much care for The Matrix. As a movie or an RPG.

And I think it's rather difficult to difficult to improve the over-the-top action-scene emulation of HKAT!. Especially if you attempt to write a "serious" game.

But if it's cinematic and wild enough I might give such a book a try.
    No power in the 'verse can stop me.

"You know this roleplaying thing is awfully silly, let's just roll the dice." - overheard during a D&D 3E game.

The Matrix as an RPG?

Hmmm, strikes me like net running in Cyberpunk or Shadowrun. Kinda neat, but so time consuming. I guess if the whole game is in the 'net'....We'll just have to see.

I am rather banking on something else, not sure what.

My bet is SONG OF ICE AND FIRE.
    By George RR Martin.

No one else will fess up to it. and the people who have the CCG expressly DO NOT have the rights to the RPG.

Talking My Theory

I reckon it'll be............

Stargate SG-1

One movie and 7 series worth of plots, history and everything else.........It's gotta be!

And I bet Don will have a major hand in it's developement!

Lars
    Old Age And Treachery Will Triumph Over Youth And Skill

Originally posted by vegasthroat
    My bet is SONG OF ICE AND FIRE.
    By George RR Martin.

No one else will fess up to it. and the people who have the CCG expressly DO NOT have the rights to the RPG.
    Interesting idea, but given the books aren't even finished, it would make for some weird gaming no?

I mean you would lose so much by having to play in earlier times.

Then again maybe not.

It would be cool nonetheless.

Come on, all you guys are smoking crack or something.

I know what the next Coda RPG is, and I'll gladly break my NDA to tell you.

It's the "Harlem Globetrotters" RPG. You create a basketball player on the greatest basketball team ever, and get to whip up on a bunch of second-rates. Rules are included for playing the game in several different time periods, and there are some cool new edges like "Fadeaway Jumper" and "Off the Glass" and "Trash Talker." I can't wait.

No, really. I kid you not.*

-------------------------------------
    * Okay, maybe just a little.

I would certainly invest a little in a SG-1 RPG.

Re: The next Coda RPG?

Originally posted by Greg Smith
    It has been mentioned on these boards that Decipher are working on another licenced RPG.
    Really? Where? Out of curiosity I'd like to read the thread in question.

http://forum.trek-rpg.net/showthread...g&pagenumber=2
    Originally posted by Don Mappin
    Aside from that there is also my freelancing career, where I have written four sizable projects in the past year and am just beginning on a new, super-secret licensed RPG that I will personally write about 1/3 of. All of these things, as you can imagine, suck up time.
    Hmm, you didn't specifically mention Decipher. I guess I got the wrong end of the stick. My apologies.
    Greg

"The dreams in which I'm dying are the best I've ever had."
    Madworld, Donnie Darko.

Originally posted by Greg Smith
    http://forum.trek-rpg.net/showthread...g&pagenumber=2
    Hmm, you didn't specifically mention Decipher. I guess I got the wrong end of the stick. My apologies.
    Yup. I said I was working on a project, not necessarily with (or without) Decipher.

You might want to slow down on the rumor-mill of Decipher, guys.

yeahyeahI'mbackbigdeal...

Of the guesses mentioned thus far on this thread, I'd most want Stargate. But what I'd really want is Asimov's Robots and Empire universe. I'd also like a generic world product, an original fantasy setting, and a generic SF setting. Maybe an original alien world with humanoids with no space travel or magic. But such can be done using the Trek and Rings products. Oh, this is assuming Coda rules.