Thread: Back on the chain-gang!

Parked within 10 feet of 29 degrees, 57' N, 90 degrees, 8' W. Did I mention my new phone has GPS?

Talking Back on the chain-gang!

I'm once more amongst the steadily employed. Yay! (And it only took 16 1/2 months... ) It's part time on the weekends, but the hourly rate is enough that I'll be making the same per month that I did at my last steady job. Whoo-hoo!
    "If it ain't the Devil's music, you ain't doin' it right" -- Chris Thomas King

"C makes for an awfully long lever." - H. Beam Piper

Thumbs up

As one who was unemployed over the summer, congrats!

Oddly enough a friend of mine (and member of my gaming group) who has been out of work since last April just received an offer from my employer. Referral bonus time!!!

There was a period this summer that every person in our group was unemployed.
    AKA Breschau of Livonia (mainly rpg forums)
    Gaming blog 19thlevel

Congrats, man! Save those DPs for the next Decipher RPG product.

This message has been removed on request by the
    poster

poster

Liz is Catbert?
    "It's hard being an evil genius when everybody else is so stupid" -- Quantum Crook

poster

**brrr** Long term unemployment...

Sadly been there, done that.

Congrats on the new gig

Parked within 10 feet of 29 degrees, 57' N, 90 degrees, 8' W. Did I mention my new phone has GPS?
    Originally posted by Ramage
    **brrr** Long term unemployment...

Sadly been there, done that.

Congrats on the new gig
    Thanks. Joys of living in New Orleans. Jobs are a scarce as hen's teeth, but at least everyone drives like a drunken idiot, even when they're sober...

Re: Back on the chain-gang!

Originally posted by Cybrludite
    I'm once more amongst the steadily employed. Yay! (And it only took 16 1/2 months... ) It's part time on the weekends, but the hourly rate is enough that I'll be making the same per month that I did at my last steady job. Whoo-hoo!
    Good work if you can get it. Mind telling me what you are now doing? Making the same PT, on weekends yet, that you made FT.

Re: Re: Back on the chain-gang!

Originally posted by Phantom
    Good work if you can get it. Mind telling me what you are now doing? Making the same PT, on weekends yet, that you made FT.
    Tech support for a hospital, pulling 12 hour shifts. I suppose I should point out that my last full time job at a computer shop paid close to fast-food wages... But like I said, the job market here really sucks. Especially for computer jobs. What can you do?

I count myself as fortunate that I just passed (2 days ago) the 18 year mark on the job