Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: FORUM GAME - Episode 1 "Frontier's Edge"

Salinas, Calif., USA (a Chiefs fan in an unholy land)
    Originally posted by erhershman
    Just as she finishes with the introductions, your meals arrive and dinner begins properly. Everyone settles down and begins eating. You're welcome to continue your conversations if you like or embark on other endeavours if you so wish.
    Gir will converse easily with his nearby dinner companions, and will completely ignore the Andorian and her child for the rest of the evening...not even looking their way if he can help it.
    Davy Jones

"Frightened? My dear, you are looking at a man who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom, and chuckled at catastrophe! I was petrified."
    -- The Wizard of Oz

Solek will note the social interactions occuring as he eats his salad

The plot thickens...

The dinner conversation and eating of food continues for quite awhile. You all enjoy a leisurely meal, and about two hours later, after a highly enjoyable three-course dinner, the meal finally is about to wrap up.

As the personnel at dinner are saying their goodbyes and preparing to leave, the Promenade lights begin to flicker. Julath runs to a nearby comm panel. "Ops, what's going on?" she demands. The officer on duty says, "Commander, we're detecting unknown energy signatures bearing towards-" but the voice is cut off as the entire Promenade loses power. The entire area goes dark, and all powered devices go down. Legate Kuran looks around at the darkened restaurant and remarks sarcastically, "Quite the romantic evening."

Some personnel, meanwhile, are already heading towards an emergency storage case near the turbolift to grab flashlights.
    "Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens."

-Gimli, son of Gloin (The Fellowship of the Ring)

Salinas, Calif., USA (a Chiefs fan in an unholy land)
    Cursing under his breath at the waste of a good half-bottle of '63, Gir stands and makes his way over to the emergency storage case near the turbolift to get a flashlight of his own.

Expecting the lift itself to be inoperational at this point, the engineer heads to the nearest ladderwell and makes his way toward engineering for assignment.
    Davy Jones

"Frightened? My dear, you are looking at a man who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom, and chuckled at catastrophe! I was petrified."
    -- The Wizard of Oz

Solek will as well retrieve a flashlight from the storage bin and climb to the ops center to access the station sensors.

Selim, startled by the power outage, stands and steps aside of the confusion, then gets a flashlight, and, still a bit flustered, hurries toward sickbay after some hesitation.
    "The main difference between Trekkies and Manchester United fans is that Trekkies never trashed a train carriage. So why are the Trekkies the social outcasts?"
    Terry Pratchett

<< Engineering >>
    Gir arrives. Main power appears to be offline, although the backup safeguards have kept the main computer running. Some of the engineering staff have already arrived to help restore main power

<< Sickbay >>
    Selim also arrives at his destination. Sickbay personnel have reported to stations, standard procedure in this kind of situation. Some minor injuries have already been reported due to falling or tripping in the darkness as a result of the power faliure.

<< Ops >>
    Along with Solek, Kuran, Julath, and Taj have also come to Ops. Taj is a bit late, having stopped at her quarters to leave Li'shai there. The sensors appear to be offline; it will take some work to get them hooked up to the backup power systems.

OOC: As far as I can tell, I would need Systems Engineering to re route the power to the Sensors. Please let me know. And if this is the case......
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    Solek, Relizing he does not have the Necessary skill to reroute the power to the sensors, calls for a Tech.

-----------------------------------------------

Unless of course you rule repair will do it, and if so i rolled a 5 so my total would be a 9 to rerout the power

OOC: Sorry for the late post!

Mort of course also rushes to Ops with the others.

One of Mort's realms of expertise in terms of shipboard systems is the sensors. In fact, sensors were his first love, though Mort's expertise lies in using and understanding the science behind sensors less than repairing them. However, rerouting power to sensors sounds like something he could do in his sleep, barring unforeseen problems. He will offer to help Solek get sensors online.

OOC: I am unfamiliar with Coda rules. What type of dice should I roll when performing a maneuver? Narrator, would you mind rolling for me this time, if it's called for? In the future I will be glad to roll for myself...

Solek thanks Mort for his Assistance.

Originally posted by simkn
    OOC: Sorry for the late post!

Mort of course also rushes to Ops with the others.

One of Mort's realms of expertise in terms of shipboard systems is the sensors. In fact, sensors were his first love, though Mort's expertise lies in using and understanding the science behind sensors less than repairing them. However, rerouting power to sensors sounds like something he could do in his sleep, barring unforeseen problems. He will offer to help Solek get sensors online.

OOC: I am unfamiliar with Coda rules. What type of dice should I roll when performing a maneuver? Narrator, would you mind rolling for me this time, if it's called for? In the future I will be glad to roll for myself...
    You roll 2d6 and add your skill modifier for the final result.

So your roll is:

Systems: Sensors 8 + rolled 11 for 19, success.

BTW simkn, your character sheet has two different numbers, 3 and 6, which is your total? I went with a median number of 8 for this roll. Just a reminder that your specializations do not add to your total modifer in Coda... you simply add two to your roll if you are using a relevant specialization.
    Last edited by erhershman; 03-16-2003 at 09:41 AM.

OOC : Are we supposed to make our own rolls, or is this up to the Narrator ?
    Sorry if this is a stupid question, but it is my first online game.

-------------
    IC : Selim, soon getting a grasp on himself, starts to deal with the first reported injuries, while keeping himself informed of the situation from Ops.
    "The main difference between Trekkies and Manchester United fans is that Trekkies never trashed a train carriage. So why are the Trekkies the social outcasts?"
    Terry Pratchett

Originally posted by C5
    OOC : Are we supposed to make our own rolls, or is this up to the Narrator ?
    Sorry if this is a stupid question, but it is my first online game.

-------------
    IC : Selim, soon getting a grasp on himself, starts to deal with the first reported injuries, while keeping himself informed of the situation from Ops.
    I will be making the rolls. This is not the case in all online RPGs however.

OOC oops my bad, i forgot that. In a related question did you see my question about rerouting power?

Originally posted by Karg
    OOC: As far as I can tell, I would need Systems Engineering to re route the power to the Sensors. Please let me know. And if this is the case......
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    Solek, Relizing he does not have the Necessary skill to reroute the power to the sensors, calls for a Tech.

-----------------------------------------------

Unless of course you rule repair will do it, and if so i rolled a 5 so my total would be a 9 to rerout the power
    I would also allow a general Systems Operation roll, if you'd like... I'm pretty flexible.