7 28.00%

6 24.00%

3 12.00%

3 12.00%

0 0%

Thread: Rate Canamar

Rate Canamar

Surprised no one got to this first...

Thought it was okay. Pretty standard fare, but not the worst of the episodes.
    "War is an ugly thing but not the ugliest of things; the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feelings which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

John Stuart Mill

It was all right, but nothing to write home about... and it certainly doesn't stack up to the last few episodes they've done, which have been amazing.

I gave it a 6.
    "Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens."

-Gimli, son of Gloin (The Fellowship of the Ring)

Bored to tears.

I gave it a 4 only because I fear that worse is yet to come.
    No power in the 'verse can stop me.

"You know this roleplaying thing is awfully silly, let's just roll the dice." - overheard during a D&D 3E game.

Lost opportunity. A few comments...

First off, I don't like the standard "lost shuttlecraft mystery". I don't think it accomplished anything stating from the perspective of Enterprise - far more effective, in my opinion, would have been to start from the perspective of Archer and Tucker - TOS style, with the team getting in trouble in the teaser and getting arrested. I'd have had the teaser showing them arrested and act one showing their "brief and speedy trial" with a court-appointed attorney trying to get them out of trouble, with him complaining of the many inncoents being arrested?

Why? First of all, dramatically, I think it would have been interesting - and pretty cheap. They already have CGI for the patrol ships. The courtroom could be made very cheaply. Even could use a modern court room dressed up a little.

Secondly, it would have been a good chance to do the modern analogy with many American governors having issues with the death penalty, given the number convicted criminals, some of whom have been on death row, exonerated because of DNA evidence.

The episode wasn't bad and did touch on this, albeit barely. I thought though it was a little dull with most of it being a foregone conclusion. Given that, I think a stronger "message" would have boosted it.

I give it a 6.
    AKA Breschau of Livonia (mainly rpg forums)
    Gaming blog 19thlevel

I gave it a 7.That they didn't actually go to the prison and that the action was all on the transport was cool.The Starfleet officer in prison thing has been done enough.Liked the Nausican.
    "I am not a Merry Man!"-Worf

when I watched it the first thing that sprang to mind was the TNG episode "The Most Toys" where Data is held captive by a an excentric collector. I thought that it was a far better "SF officer-in-captivity" episode.

On a side note I really like the production values, like the costumes, the ships, the weapons, etc.

I too gave it a 6.

Salinas, Calif., USA (a Chiefs fan in an unholy land)
    The first thing I thought when I saw the Nausiccan was that it was the actor who plays the large curly-headed desk clerk on er. I don't know if it was him, but the facial structure seemed right.

Who cares if it was a Trek version of Con Air? I loved the ep; it had some really funny moments, flowed well, and was entirely enjoyable. Gave it an 8.
    Davy Jones

"Frightened? My dear, you are looking at a man who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom, and chuckled at catastrophe! I was petrified."
    -- The Wizard of Oz

Was it me or id this episode through out the Universal Translator? So many species, cramp space, and hey they all could understand one another.

I assume the ship they were on had a UT built in.
    -Chris Barnes
    Visit FBR!

After being amazed by Cease Fire and Future Tense, this is more like the Enterprise I remember.

I hope it was only an abberation and not what the norm will continue to me.

Originally posted by AslanC
    After being amazed by Cease Fire and Future Tense, this is more like the Enterprise I remember.

I hope it was only an abberation and not what the norm will continue to me.
    As much as I love Enterprise, I have to say that I wouldn't count on it if I were you.
    "Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens."

-Gimli, son of Gloin (The Fellowship of the Ring)

It got a six from me. It lost some points for being a "Con Air" retread, and for once again using Archer and Trip. I would have liked to see Reed or Mayweather replacing at least one of these characters. Or even Doctor Phlox. Somebody other than the inseperable two.

It earned points for being a reasonably solid tale, and for attempting a social message (that the antagonist started out as a minor criminal and was hardened by the system). It doesn't matter whether I agree with the message or not; putting a message in is a Star Trek tradition that goes all the way back to Roddenberry and TOS, and as messages go, this one was deftly enough managed that I didn't feel they were belaboring me about the head with it.