Thread: My, how time flies...

My, how time flies...

First off, no this is not a post about Data's song in Nemesis. :-)

I was just looking back at the history of all threads in the Star Trek chat forum area. It seems only yesterday we were discussing the pilot episode for Enteprise and practically wetting ourselves over the ST:TMP DVD
    Anyway, I found some interesting threads among which is this one:

http://forum.trek-rpg.net/showthread...&threadid=2726

This thread is a poll around the time "Breaking the Ice" aired asking whether people "approve of the way Enterprise is representing the time before the original series." Most of them, you will notice, said YES. And from the looks of the comments, most people, even the ones who complain to no end about the show now, thought it was doing a decent job.

It's interesting to note how our debate about ENT has changed... when it premiered the naysayers were mainly complaining about how it breaks established canon etc., now that debate has kind of settled down and we're arguing about the story quality.
    Last edited by erhershman; 02-27-2003 at 09:03 AM.
    "Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens."

-Gimli, son of Gloin (The Fellowship of the Ring)

Question

I'm not sure what you are getting at. Surely the quality of the stories is something worthy of debate.
    AKA Breschau of Livonia (mainly rpg forums)
    Gaming blog 19thlevel

Originally posted by Dan Stack
    I'm not sure what you are getting at. Surely the quality of the stories is something worthy of debate.
    I'm not saying it isn't worthy of debate, I'm just noticing how the topic of debate has changed, and how the ENT-bashers seem to be bashing it for different reasons now then they were a year ago.

I don't know, I'm a fan of Enterprise and I myself have been rather critical of Enterprise stories of late. They aren't, in my opinion, "bad", it's just they don't, as a general rule, really seem all that "good" to me of late. Not looking for perfection, but I do want something that grabs me and has eagerly me looking forward to it every week.
    AKA Breschau of Livonia (mainly rpg forums)
    Gaming blog 19thlevel

Esherman you are trolling, whether on purpose or not.

I do not like the term Ent-basher. It is a label that immediately implies certain things.

I stopped watching Enterprise after the Pn Farr episode, which was a BAD episode IMHO.

Not because it broke continuity, but because it was lousey television to me.

Recently I watched Cease Fire and Future Tense. I enjoyed both. So I tried for three in a row and got that stick bucket last night.

I will give it two more eps, but frankly last night felt like a lame assed Voyager episode to me.

AslanC, I don't think erhershman is trolling, since I understand it's somewhat painful to actually like a series, and continually see it being criticized and bashed and ignored for a handful of reasons (some of them one might strongly disagree with), even more so when it seems a majority of people share this opinion.
    You can get some awful feeling of "why do I think like that, am I the sick one ?" (well, not that strong, of course, but you get the idea), and this can lead to some bitterness.

Anyway, that's how I feel, as someone who likes Enterprise so far, and looks forward to watch Nemesis (wich will be out in a few eternities in this bloody country of mine).

Woho!! 1302nd post already ? Missed the 1300th, dammit!
    "The main difference between Trekkies and Manchester United fans is that Trekkies never trashed a train carriage. So why are the Trekkies the social outcasts?"
    Terry Pratchett

Originally posted by AslanC
    Esherman you are trolling, whether on purpose or not.
    That is why I said that. See I am not saying Esherman is being evil I am saying that he might not realize what he is doing.

That is why I said that. See I am not saying Esherman is being evil I am saying that he might not realize what he is doing.
    "Esherman?"

Originally posted by erhershman
    "Esherman?"
    One day while walking through the Seattle Metropolitan Muesem of Art, erhershman was struck by a surrealist lightning flounder and granted strange powers over reality!

Now no longer a passive observer, he has taken to the streets of the Emerald City as the sworn defender of the innocent!

ESHERMAN!

THE SURREALIST AVENGER!

Hope that makes up for the error

One day while walking through the Seattle Metropolitan Muesem of Art, erhershman was struck by a surrealist lightning flounder and granted strange powers over reality!

Now no longer a passive observer, he has taken to the streets of the Emerald City as the sworn defender of the innocent!

ESHERMAN!

THE SURREALIST AVENGER!

Hope that makes up for the error
    Thanks. You just made my day. I may have to add that to my signature