Thread: I'm calling a Cease Fire

I'm calling a Cease Fire

I realized, while reading the thread "Is TrekRPGNet Dying" in the General Chat area that I have been one the major contributors to the syndrome sweeping the boards complained about there, where we have been posting nothing but complaints about Trek dying etc.

I realize I have been posting a LOT of threads complaining about the complainers and so forth, so I am calling a CEASE FIRE. I will not, at least for awhile, post any more "bashing-the-ENT-bashers" threads. I will post Episode Rating polls still (if someone doesn't get to it before me) but otherwise I will try to remain as Enterprise-Neutral as possible... to come up for air, and to give any ENT-bashers I may have accidently pummeled into unconciousness a chance to wake up...
    "Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens."

-Gimli, son of Gloin (The Fellowship of the Ring)

Question

????

Yet you post this, another thread complaining about ENT-bashers.

I was wondering the same thing myself Don

For what it's worth, that thread seems to have come first.
    AKA Breschau of Livonia (mainly rpg forums)
    Gaming blog 19thlevel

Well then he had three options.

1) Edit out the contents of the other thread in hindsight "on second thought, I've thought better about starting this thread."
    2) Made a post in that thread, after starting this one, essentially saying the same thing.
    3) Request the thread to be closed, either publicly or privately.

Instead we have a new thread on ENT-bashers as this one proclaims "I will not, at least for awhile, post any more "bashing-the-ENT-bashers" threads."

So, which is it?

Originally posted by Don Mappin
    Well then he had three options.

1) Edit out the contents of the other thread in hindsight "on second thought, I've thought better about starting this thread."
    2) Made a post in that thread, after starting this one, essentially saying the same thing.
    3) Request the thread to be closed, either publicly or privately.

Instead we have a new thread on ENT-bashers as this one proclaims "I will not, at least for awhile, post any more "bashing-the-ENT-bashers" threads."

So, which is it?

This thread WAS posted after that one Don. I'm sorry if my efforts to be nice to people have been misunderstood. I can delete the threads if that's what you are saying...

I'd like to delete those threads now, but the "delete" option on Edit Post does not seem to be working for me.

Originally posted by erhershman
    This thread WAS posted after that one Don.
    41 minutes later. In that 41 minutes you had an change of heart?
    I'm sorry if my efforts to be nice to people have been misunderstood. I can delete the threads if that's what you are saying...
    I think starting the smakdown on ENT-bashers and then calling for a "cease fire" 41 minutes makes you seem pretty unsure of your own intentions.
    I'd like to delete those threads now, but the "delete" option on Edit Post does not seem to be working for me.
    Users can not delete their own threads. They can edit their contents, however.

[B]41 minutes later. In that 41 minutes you had an change of heart?
    I think starting the smakdown on ENT-bashers and then calling for a "cease fire" 41 minutes makes you seem pretty unsure of your own intentions.Users can not delete their own threads. They can edit their contents, however.
    Sigh... I'm sorry already. Can everyone please just stop accusing me of being insincere/stupid/indecisive/an idiot or whatever? I'm making an honest effort to clean up my act here and it seems to be getting me nowhere.

[edit]Oops, same thread reference removed.[/edit]

Sorry, don't mean to beat you up over this. I just found the whole situation...amusing.

[edit]Oops, same thread reference removed.[/edit]

Sorry, don't mean to beat you up over this. I just found the whole situation...amusing.
    Believe me, I don't blame you for finding it amusing. Obviously it looks a little silly- here I am with my strong opinions all of a sudden changing face 41 minutes after a controversial post. I guess it was the thread by StyroFoam Man, "Is TrekRPG.net dying?" that opened my eyes, where he wrote:

Used to be you could come here for story ideas, try out new ideas on people, swap ship designs and have a damn good time.

Now it's all about the demise of Trek, politics, why Trek sucks and how Decipher is Evil because they're having issues.

Where has the creative-exchange gone?

All of the above problems he listed, I realized, I have contributed to recently.

But I've always tried to admit it when I make a mistake, especially online... because like many people, I tend to say what I think even when it wouldn't be polite, when I'm on e-mail or a message board.

Since the intention of this thread might seem a little vague/strange to people, here it is:

I would like to make a formal apology for my recent behavior on many threads that I myself have posted. I realized almost immediately after the most recent one that I am being very hard on people who have opinions about Star Trek that are different than mine, much harder than I should be. I want to let up, probably for good, so I am planning to refrain from posting to any topics that deal with sensitive, controversial issues (especially relating to ENT and Nemesis) and I will not post them myself. To name names, I'd like to apologize especially to Phantom and REG both of whom I have fiercely argued with over these past few weeks.

Thank you,
    Evan
    Last edited by erhershman; 02-27-2003 at 09:02 PM.

erhershman -- I appreciate the sentiment, and here's to a new beginning.

41 minutes seems like a long enough time to me. Epiphanies are like that.

-- Daniel
    - Daniel "A revolution without dancing is a revolution not worth having."

I am all down for the return to creativity and I apologize for any offense I have given you sir.