Thread: Need help with a Star Trek web site

Need help with a Star Trek web site

I would like to build a fan site devoted mainly to ENTERPRISE. I want to use images and stuff from the show, but the official website www.startrek.com says I cannot use images, sounds, etc. from their site without breaking copyright. No matter how many people tell me "they won't notice" etc. I am always wary of breaking laws, even those that are rarely enforced.

So can anyone help me here? How can I get and use pictures from the Star Trek shows without breaking their copyright rules, if that is even possible?

Geesh, I wish Paramount had a web policy like the people who make Andromeda. At least they allow you to use pictures from their website...
    "Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens."

-Gimli, son of Gloin (The Fellowship of the Ring)

You're pretty much out of luck with regards to using Trek pictures.

What I am unsure of is where you would stand with regard to making your own diagrams. For example, these boards, when using the Trek style set, portray a drawing of a Galaxy-class starship not made by Paramount. (Similarly, I'm not certain where fan-made episode guides, technical manuals, and deck plans fall - I believe they could be considered a work of research, provided they not blatantly take images from official websites, DVDs, etc.)
    AKA Breschau of Livonia (mainly rpg forums)
    Gaming blog 19thlevel

If you pay them for StarTrek.net internet access, they give you pictures to use :P

*rolls eyes*

Maybe they have some sort of press program you could aply to join?
    -Chris Barnes
    Visit FBR!