Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Changes in store for ENTERPRISE?

Originally posted by REG
    I wouldn't say that ENTERPRISE have the best pilot episode. I still give it a bad point for introducing Klingons too early in the timeline. That's why I hope they wrap up the TCW arc this season, and reset everything.
    I highly doubt it. The TCW arc is obviously designed to last the whole series- without it ENT has no continuing story arcs except maybe the Vulcan-Andorian thing. Which wouldn't necessarily be bad.

As for "resetting" it... that might be the one thing in the whole world that would make me stop watching the show.
    "Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens."

-Gimli, son of Gloin (The Fellowship of the Ring)

Arrow

Originally posted by erhershman

I highly doubt it. The TCW arc is obviously designed to last the whole series
    And I thought the SD-6/Alliance is an arc for Alias series but they decided to wrap it up (the episode was featured after the Super Bowl). They still leave the Bristow vs. Sloane intact, with interesting twist (killed the real Francie the restauranteur and replaced with a genetic-disguised mole).

- without it ENT has no continuing story arcs except maybe the Vulcan-Andorian thing. Which wouldn't necessarily be bad.
    Exactly. You could have Archer & Co. meet all the aliens (TOS and new) and paralleled human cultures and begin to form some kind of alliance or meeting of species, which paved the way to establishing the Federation.

As for "resetting" it... that might be the one thing in the whole world that would make me stop watching the show.
    Braga have no problem doing that repeatedly on VOYAGER.

But in this case, I can forgive him if he do press the "reset" button.
    Anyhoo, just some random thoughts...

"My philosophy is 'you don't need me to tell you how to play -- I'll just provide some rules and ideas to use and get out of your way.'"
    -- Monte Cook

"Min/Maxing and munchkinism aren't problems with the game: they're problems with the players."
    -- excerpt from Guardians of Order's Role-Playing Game Manifesto

A GENERATION KIKAIDA fan

DISCLAIMER: I Am Not A Lawyer

Originally posted by REG
    Braga have no problem doing that repeatedly on VOYAGER.

But in this case, I can forgive him if he do press the "reset" button.
    I couldn't figure out where the "resets" were in Voyager, and then I thought about it for awhile, and I found two:

"Year of Hell" - They go through a year of time in two episodes, then "time-anomaly" them back to the start.

"Course: Oblivion" An episode that is already awful has a horrible ending by making our crew "fakes" of the Voyager crew and saying that nothing that happened to them since they visited the Class Y planet actually happened to the real VOYAGER. Even before I thought of this as a "reset," this was still the only Star Trek episode from any series that I would actually turn off the TV if it was on.
    "Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens."

-Gimli, son of Gloin (The Fellowship of the Ring)

Originally posted by erhershman

"Course: Oblivion" An episode that is already awful has a horrible ending by making our crew "fakes" of the Voyager crew and saying that nothing that happened to them since they visited the Class Y planet actually happened to the real VOYAGER. Even
    I do not think that is the case in the episode. I think it all was just a mislead at the beginning of the episode. the ship started far later than the real Voyager, so it would make no sense because of time - discrapencies.
    We came in peace, for all mankind - Apollo 11

Originally posted by Fesarius
    That ship was overpowered and overgunned for *it's time*. And you wanna punch the poor Rommies in the nose with it?

But there's a funny short story titled "Hawk Among The Sparrows" that investigates a similar concept. A pilot with a modern fighter is thrown back to World War I -- where his radar can't lock onto the mostly non-metallic planes. Planes that move too slowly to be tracked by his cannons. And so on...

Obviously the author had no piloting experience. A modern fighter would just have to make a high speed pass anywhere near one of those canvas and wire wrapped wooden framed kites and they would be torn apart by the turbulance of it's passage.
    No weapons needed.
    4. Shooting is not too good for my enemies.
    Evil Overlords Survival Guide

There are few problems in the galaxy which cannot be solved by a suitable application of concentrated phaser fire.
    Capt. Coryn Windsabre

I've always preferred photons myself.
    Cmdr. Marcus Aurelius Ferretti

Originally posted by aelius
    Obviously the author had no piloting experience. A modern fighter would just have to make a high speed pass anywhere near one of those canvas and wire wrapped wooden framed kites and they would be torn apart by the turbulance of it's passage.
    No weapons needed.
    In the story, the pilot spent some time deciding (1) whether he could return to his own time, and how to go about doing that, (2) whether he should interfere in the past at all.

Ultimately, he decided to interfere, and his solution was what you have suggested. A simple high-speed pass, and his opponents were destroyed. He *did* have a little trouble finding them, since they didn't show up well on radar, but once he did...