Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home DVD

Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home DVD

...was released yesterday. Has anyone picked it up yet? I'll be getting my copy sometime this week, possibly this weekend. I'm still watching my DS9 Season 1 set.

Re: Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home DVD

Originally posted by Ineti
    ...was released yesterday. Has anyone picked it up yet? I'll be getting my copy sometime this week, possibly this weekend. I'm still watching my DS9 Season 1 set.
    Yeah, I picked mine up yesterday. Didn't have a chance to look at all the extras, but I found the commentary with Nimoy & Shatner to be entertaining (at least what I played of it).

I had forgotten that Nicholas Meyer had a writing credit on this movie. Man, is that guy Trek gold or what? B&B probably should've saved the millions they pumped into John Logan and Stuart Baird for NEMESIS, and hired Nick Meyer instead.

Re: Re: Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home DVD

Originally posted by Mijoro
    I had forgotten that Nicholas Meyer had a writing credit on this movie. Man, is that guy Trek gold or what? B&B probably should've saved the millions they pumped into John Logan and Stuart Baird for NEMESIS, and hired Nick Meyer instead.

Absolutely.
    "War is an ugly thing but not the ugliest of things; the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feelings which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

John Stuart Mill

Captain, there be whales!

I always loved this film

Meyer refers to them as a trilogy

ST 2, 3 and 4.

I actually think they are my favorite films and wrap up the story nicely.

Won't buy it, since I already own the "plain" edition DVD for ST IV. But I might rent it for the special features.
    "Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens."

-Gimli, son of Gloin (The Fellowship of the Ring)

Originally posted by AslanC
    I actually think they are my favorite films and wrap up the story nicely.
    Yeah, the "Meyer" Treks are my favorites too, with II and VI at the top then III and IV.

:-(
    I have the "plain vanilla" ST IV DVD, but I just got the special edition ST III one, which has the commentary. It was pretty nifty - I love those commentaries (though my wife hates them).

'Fraid I'm not going to fork out another $35 for the "SE" ST IV, though - I might rent it some time.
    When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for others.

It's the same when you are stupid...

Salinas, Calif., USA (a Chiefs fan in an unholy land)
    That's on my list of things to get on payday.
    Davy Jones

"Frightened? My dear, you are looking at a man who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom, and chuckled at catastrophe! I was petrified."
    -- The Wizard of Oz

Ordered it from Amazon... but won't get it until May 'cause I'm having it shipped with my B5 2nd Season DVD and Sherlock Holmes movie boxed set.
    "It's hard being an evil genius when everybody else is so stupid" -- Quantum Crook

I went to pick it up at three different Blockbusters (using a gift card I have left over from Christmas), but none of them had it. I actually had to double check to make sure the frelling thing was out and I wasn't just hallucinating.

I may just order it from Deep Discount DVD, though, since it is cheapest there (Wish I had waited, since I just preordered Futurama: The Complete First Season from them).

Originally posted by First of Two
    Ordered it from Amazon... but won't get it until May 'cause I'm having it shipped with my B5 2nd Season DVD and Sherlock Holmes movie boxed set.
    What's in the Sherlock Holmes box? Is it the old Basil Rathbone stuff?

Oh, and ST IV rocked -- "too much LDS at Berkley"
    - Daniel "A revolution without dancing is a revolution not worth having."

Salinas, Calif., USA (a Chiefs fan in an unholy land)
    Originally posted by Sho-sa Kurita
    Yeah, ya gotta be careful about dem Mormons. (No offense to any actual Mormons out there...technically, I'm one of them.... )
    Davy Jones

"Frightened? My dear, you are looking at a man who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom, and chuckled at catastrophe! I was petrified."
    -- The Wizard of Oz

Originally posted by Sea Tyger
    Yeah, ya gotta be careful about dem Mormons. (No offense to any actual Mormons out there...technically, I'm one of them.... )
    Not to spin the thread off-topic, but how can one "technically" be a Mormon, or any other religion for that matter?

Is this like 'kinda pregnant'?

Or do you mean to say you're a non-practicing Mormon?

Of course, if this is inappropriate, feel free to delete. I'm just curious.

Originally posted by Sho-sa Kurita
    What's in the Sherlock Holmes box? Is it the old Basil Rathbone stuff?

Five Movies. "The Eligible Bachelor," "The Hound of the Baskervilles," "The Last Vampyre," "The Master Blackmailer" and "The Sign of Four."

They're the Jeremy Brett Holmes.
    "It's hard being an evil genius when everybody else is so stupid" -- Quantum Crook