Thread: [CODA] Venture Class

[CODA] Venture Class (Name Changed to Chimera Class)

Ok ... this is a brand new ship class I designed for a series starting in the year 2390. The story line is included in the file, at least ... a bit of the background.

Not much is included, but you can see that I have taken some creative license. I also took creative license when designing the ship, building in some features that I thought more important for the series than balance of the ship-design system. Basically, it has more space than it should. But I figured, since I took away 40% of it's cargo space, I sortof figured it in.

It is a Size 5 ship, and is a mixture of the Defiant Class and the Voyager Class ... kindof 'Akira'-like ... but different.

The second file I am giving you a link to, is a large JPG (1 Meg) of the floorplan of this size 5, five-deck, exploring light cruiser. If you view the pic in your browser, make sure that the browser isn't resizing it to fit it in the window ... otherwise it will seem useless.

Chimera Class

Chimera Class Deckplan

Feedback is most obviously welcome!
    Last edited by VixenofVenus; 03-07-2003 at 11:57 AM.
    <b><font color=red>Vixen~of~Venus</font></b><br><a href="http://www.venution.net">The Venution Network</a>

Ok ... I didn't really like the way I had done quarters before ... so I redid the deckplan and added a deck. Now there are six decks ... and it has a much more '24th Century' feel.

I updated both the Ship Sheet and the Deckplan to reflect that ...

Also ... as I was fleshing out some more story-line ... the 'Venture Class' name didn't work ... so I have changed it to 'Chimera Class' ... and the players will be flying around in the U.S.S. Inspiration ...

It just worked better for the storyline.
    Last edited by VixenofVenus; 03-07-2003 at 11:58 AM.
    <b><font color=red>Vixen~of~Venus</font></b><br><a href="http://www.venution.net">The Venution Network</a>