Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Starfleet Operations manual available for purchase

Originally posted by Capt Daniel Hunter
    So, has anyone in the UK gotten their hands on a copy of mthe Ops Manual yet? Leisure Games haven't put up their latest upcoming releases list yet, so I haven't gotten my preorder in yet
    Picked it up in Playin' Games, central London, yesterday - for thirteen quid. Orcs' Nest has it for the same price, anmd they both have several copies of both it and the FOTR book. It's slim, but pretty!

Personally, my favourite part is the discussion of the difference in ship deployment between the two eras (task forces and fleets). It would have been the Regulan write-up, but my current campaign, with a Regulan NPC is just ending We've also got martial arts, an exchange rate for credits to latinum, and fleet-specific advancement packages.

Bugwise, there's an odd entry in the uniform pages (otherwise very nice btw), and I can't believe some of the ship stats - the Miranda has next to no sensors is capable of warp 3/6/6.5, but has nearly twice the photon penetration of a Constitution refit ???

Like the Curate's Egg, I guess...

But generally quite neat!
    Jon

"There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, where the sea is asleep and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song.
    Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, and somewhere else the tea is getting cold. Come on, Ace, we've got work to do."
    THE DOCTOR, "Survival" (Doctor Who)

Recieved mine today - looks very cool! I ordered it via Decipher's online store, it really went fast to reach the other side of the pond

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
    Expanded Spacecraft Operations, a 100+ page sourcebook for CODA Trek

Originally posted by Imagus
    Picked it up in Playin' Games, central London, yesterday - for thirteen quid.

Thanks Imagus. According to Leisure Games, mine shipped today, so hopefully I'll have it by Saturday at the latest.

Though since we're playing tomorrow, it would be nice if it arrived in the morning

"You can't take a picture of this; it's already gone." -Nate Fisher, Six Feet Under.

I had actually wanted to get this, but the LGS STILL hasn't gotten it in and has no idea when they will (nor truthfully do they really care). Similarly, amazon.com lists it as currently unreleased.

I'm not going to order it direct from Decipher. For one thing, qerlin's experience has certainly scared me from having any dealings with that particular online store. And also, I feel that when ordering online that discounts should be offered as incentive, if not to offset shipping charges.

I guess I'll keep waiting and see if it comes in at the local Hastings Superstore. At least there I get a 10% discount. Otherwise, I'll keep checking amazon.com.
    Gabriel Alexander Vampyre

Alternatively, you could go to either of the following online dealers with whom I've had excellent results.

Stiggybaby's, which takes PayPal and credit cards, and has the Starfleet Operations Manual listed at $16 (or it did the last time I looked).

Gamer's Attic, which has fantastic service but is currently suffering from a weird routing issue of some sort; there's a good chunk of the internet that can't access their site at the moment. I know he's got it in stock, but I'm not sure what the price is at the moment. He offers discounts on a regular basis, free shipping in the lower 48 for orders over $49.99, and offers an additional discount if you use PayPal.

Hastings will get it eventually, but it will take them a while. I live in their home town, about a mile and a half from their primary distribution center, and it's not in any of the local Hastings shops yet, so if you want to go that route, you'll be waiting for a little while.
    Patrick Goodman -- Tilting at Windmills

"I dare you to do better." -- Captain Christopher Pike

Beyond the Final Frontier: CODA Star Trek RPG Support

Nice to hear that someone here in the UK has got their copy of the SOM. I'm still waiting for mine to come through via my local game shop here in Stevenage. In fact, when I was last in there (on Saturday) I was infomed that their supplier had not even HEARD about the new Manual. Anyone else out there having a similar experience?

My FLGS has finally got mine. He had problems getting it from both his distributors. I'll go pick it up on Saturday, along with a Bag o' Zombies.
    Greg

"The dreams in which I'm dying are the best I've ever had."
    Madworld, Donnie Darko.

I picked mine up at Dreamwizards last night and they had one left after I picked up my SOM and NS. I like it so far

Originally posted by Hadley
    Nice to hear that someone here in the UK has got their copy of the SOM. I'm still waiting for mine to come through via my local game shop here in Stevenage. In fact, when I was last in there (on Saturday) I was infomed that their supplier had not even HEARD about the new Manual. Anyone else out there having a similar experience?
    If you still don't have it, I would strongly suggest ordering it online from Leisure Games. They're pretty quick to post, and I've always had my stuff within 48 hours of ordering from them, assuming the item is in stock.

"You can't take a picture of this; it's already gone." -Nate Fisher, Six Feet Under.

Just picked up my copy of Starfleet Operations Manual this morning while in London . Only skimmed through it during the train journey home but it looks good.

I picked up my copy from Orcs Nest (their web address is www.orcsnest.com) for £12.99 - they also have the new LOTR supplement for all you Middle Earth fans out there. The guy in the shop also advised me that the Starships supplement is due out on WEDNESDAY 9th APRIL - any confirmation of this?

Thumbs up

Got my copy this weekend from my FLGS, which had three in stock.

Very nice stuff. I'm enjoying reading it, even though I don't have a Trek game in progress right now.