Thread: Federation and Starfleet anthems

Federation and Starfleet anthems

Simple question: Have we ever heard either a Federation or Starfleet anthem on one of the shows/movies?
    I am sure they are playing something that might be one or the other on the DS9 ep with the beseball game, right before the game starts, but I have no idea if this was ever intended to be the Federartion or Starfleet anthem.

If not, has one of you ever used a piece of music in your games as one of those anthems, if so, what was it?

Could "Beyond the Rim of the Starlight" be the starfleet anthem and the TMP/TNG theme be the Federation anthem?

TMP/TNG theme be the Federation anthem?
    I like this idea very much!

Consider it stolen for my game

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
    Expanded Spacecraft Operations, a 100+ page sourcebook for CODA Trek

Salinas, Calif., USA (a Chiefs fan in an unholy land)
    Originally posted by Cochrane
    the TMP/TNG theme be the Federation anthem?
    Yeah, but it has to be the slower version...
    Davy Jones

"Frightened? My dear, you are looking at a man who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom, and chuckled at catastrophe! I was petrified."
    -- The Wizard of Oz

Originally posted by Cochrane
    ...the TMP/TNG theme be the Federation anthem?
    It is in our campaign.
    "War is an ugly thing but not the ugliest of things; the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feelings which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

John Stuart Mill

I still like Copland's "Fanfare for the Common Man" in this regard

But it's not canon in the slightest

If you haven't heard it, listen to it -- it is a great, uplifting piece of music.

Actually there is an official anthem. In the DS9 episode with Sisko's 'Evil Vulcan Rival' at the end there is a baseball game.
    At the beginning a theme is played, which I believe is the anthem. There is the UFP flag and everybody is at attention - comparable to the US baseball games as I assume. I think that is the anthem.
    We came in peace, for all mankind - Apollo 11

Originally posted by Evan van Eyk
    Actually there is an official anthem. In the DS9 episode with Sisko's 'Evil Vulcan Rival' at the end there is a baseball game.
    At the beginning a theme is played, which I believe is the anthem. There is the UFP flag and everybody is at attention - comparable to the US baseball games as I assume. I think that is the anthem.
    Yes, that was the intention as before sporting events our National Anthem is played

Karg

From the Land of the Free
    And the home of the Brave