Thread: how to fix trek (tv guide)

Bloomington, IN - the heart of Limestone Country!

how to fix trek (tv guide)

I'M Captain Kirk!!!!

Lightbulb

This message has been removed on request by the
    poster

Originally posted by Liz Not Beth
    And why are people ragging on characters with large breasts in tight outfits?! Heck our players never complain when I dress like that!
    Yeah...I like skin. Hell, TOS showed plenty, too.
    "War is an ugly thing but not the ugliest of things; the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feelings which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

John Stuart Mill

How do you fix Trek?

Star Trek: The Intendant Files

Intendant Kira slinks around the galaxy in search of adventure and excitement.

This message has been removed on request by the
    poster

Smile We now return you to regular programming…

I found that second contributor’s (Tony Goodwyn) notes interesting, he hit all the nails: Writing, Continuity, and so on.

Problem is, those ‘in charge’ (and I’m not talking ‘Paramount’) don’t give a royal crap about ‘Continuity’, and seem to be intentionally doing ‘this stuff’, writing-wise/‘idea’-wise (Ferengi, Borg, Akira-prise…) just to see ‘how far can we push “the fans”’…and now they’re getting their answer.

Betcha dollars to doughnuts that the ‘double ‘B’ bums’ thank God (or whatever the patron deity is for greed and plunder) that UPN got Smackdown back (it ‘was’ going to Fox).

Think about it; if UPN lost Smackdown, then all the network’s trust, faith, hope, and well-being would lie in this show…who rating are only slightly better than what Voyager was doing…but, that’s like saying “He’s the most well respected person on death row”
    ...and that's about the time it hit the fan...

Truisms I know:
    1) Marvel is NOT better than DC (nor should EVERYTHING be ‘ULTIMITED’),
    2) D20 is NOT the best gaming system out there (nor should EVERYTHING be ‘crammed’ into it),
    3) And No matter how ‘THEY’ dress it up, Regardless of how ‘THEY’ title it, and even if ‘THEY’ say “BASED ON…”; “ENTERPRISE” IS NOT STAR TREK!!!
    4) 'Reality' T.V. ain't 'Real'