View Poll Results: What would you pay for Star Trek: Nemesis?

Voters
34. You may not vote on this poll
  • It's worth the MSRP ($29.99)

10 29.41%
  • It's worth the Amazon/buy.com price (around $22)

8 23.53%
  • It's worth about the AoTC price (around $15)

8 23.53%
  • I'd buy it, but these prices are all too expensive.

6 17.65%
  • I won't buy it at any price.

2 5.88%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nemesis available 5/20 -- worth the price?

Originally posted by Novalar
    DS9 and Voyager were not great in their first two seasons either...
    Blasphemy! DS9's first two season brought such standouts as "Emissary," "Duet," "In the Hands of the Prophets," "The Homecoming," "The Circle," "The Siege," "Necessary Evil," "The Wire," "Crossover," and "The Jem'Hadar."

Every one a solid, good hour of TV. If ENT had had even one show at the caliber of any of these, I'd still be watching.

(Note that I am not the most objective of Trek fans.)

Staying on topic, I've heard many folks say that the deleted scenes make Nemesis a 'better movie.' So basically you're telling me to spend $30 on a flawed movie?

I'll wait, thanks. Two weeks after the release of NEM on DVD is the release of DS9 season 3 on DVD, and that's something I'll save my money for.

Hmm.... I seemed to have given the wrong impression.

I liked Nemesis - though I think it would have been better if the other three films had never been - it was just too similar to elements of the others.

I loved the space battle (Especially where the Enterpise is yanked out of warp), the FX (First time Warp drive shots have felt like they're going anywhere) and the acting on the point of Shinzon (Ok, dodgy in places but very good in others to make up for it)

I just could do without that last scene

Mark
    'Wish I could Help you....Wish I could tell you,
    That I am real, I'm not something you invented,
    That I'm not everything you want me to be.'

'And I am...Ageless. And I am....Invincible.'

Talking Just 'cuz its high tech. . . .

Originally posted by Sea Tyger
    Okay, remember that just because there might be a more technological way of doing things, it's not necessarily better.
    Right. The United States space program spent over $100,000 to develop a pen that writes in zero gravity.

The Russians spent $1 and brought a box of pencils.

Re: Just 'cuz its high tech. . . .

Originally posted by Ezri's Toy
    Right. The United States space program spent over $100,000 to develop a pen that writes in zero gravity.

The Russians spent $1 and brought a box of pencils.
    That is an urban legend NASA did not develop the space pen it was a private company who fully paid for the development.

The Write Stuff

I used to be a Trek nut.

Generations let me know something rotten was afoot. I didn't think it was a good movie, but I still saw it in the theater the first day and purchased the VHS tape when it was available.

First Contact amazed me with how horrible it was. For me, it easily beat out The Voyage Home and The Final Frontier as the worst Trek movie of all time. I nearly walked out of the theater because of how crappy it was. Even still, my fandom convinced me to purchase a used VHS copy for the Borg battle scene at the beginning.

Insurrection lured me back to the theater with a promising concept. I paid for a matinee and totally wasted my money and 2 hours of my life. While it wasn't as bad as First Contact, it certainly wasn't in any way good. When it was released on home video, I definitely skipped on it. It never has and never will exist in my home video collection.

I didn't bother going to see Nemesis. I won't bother purchasing or renting the DVD. I've been lured in to see 3 crappy movies because of the Star Trek name. I will not be fooled a fourth time.
    Star Trek is dead. I wish they'd quit anally raping the rotten corpse.
    Gabriel Alexander Vampyre

Sorry for the off topic, but could you expand a bit on what did you find so horrible in these movies, Gabriel ? I'm a bit curious to know, as First Contact and The Voyage Home are my two favorites movies, while Insurrection disappointed me a great deal.
    "The main difference between Trekkies and Manchester United fans is that Trekkies never trashed a train carriage. So why are the Trekkies the social outcasts?"
    Terry Pratchett

Originally posted by pathstrider
    I don't. Frickin' seatbelts. What's the point of it being science Fiction when we just have today's tech?

Mark
    Nah , I want ta see how close the final scene is compared to the book version. Madden owes Riker some pay back,for Riker's little joke.