Thread: New personal and professional development

New personal and professional development

Here's a new background and profession I designed for 1 of my episodes.They are both pretty specialized and worked quite well as NPC opposition.
    PRIMITIVE UPBRINGING
    You grew up on a primitive pre warp planet(TL 2-4).Offworlders either threaten or trade with your people.
    PICK 1:Armed Combat +2, Craft +2,Survival +2
    PICK 3:Athletics +1,Conceal +1,Gaming +1,Entertain +1,Unarmed Combat +1,Ranged Combat(Archaic or Projectile)+1,Influence +1,Observe +1,Sport +1,Conceal +1
    EDGES:Competitive,Everyman,Fit,Sherpa ,Shrewd
    PROFESSION:PRIMITIVE HUNTER
    Through training and ancient tradition hunters brave the wilds of primitive worlds to provide food to their people and honor for themselves.
    ATTRIBUTES:Perception is the favored attribute of the Primitive Hunter.A high Agility and Stamina are also important
    REACTIONS:Quickness can be the key to life or death when hunting big game with archaic weapons.
    HUNTER PROFESSIONAL SKILLS:Armed Combat,Unarmed Combat,Ranged Combat(Archaic or Projectile),Observe,Athletics, Ivestigate,Gymnastics,Conceal,Sport,Craft,Stealth, Survival
    PROFESSIONAL ABILITIES:
    TIER 1
    Born Hunter:+1 bonus to Survival, Observe (Track), and Stealth in outdoor non -urban surroundings.
    Hunter's Aim:+3 to hit with 1 ranged weapon allready chosen as a specialty.
    TIER 2
    Untrackable:+8 TN for others to Observe(Track).
    Blade Proficiency:+3 to hit with 1 simple weapon allready chosen as a specialty.
    TIER 3
    Natural Poison:Using only natural ingredients(squashed bugs,plants,ect.) and requiring 1 hours work,the Primitive Hunter can create 1 dose of Injury-type poison.
    Type:Injury Onset:10 minutes Potency:+5 TN Treatment:+0 TN Effect:-5 Stamina,movement rate halved Secondary Effect: 1D6 Wound Stages:3

PRIMITIVE HUNTER PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT PACKAGE
    SKILLS:Athletics +2,Ranged Combat (Archaic or Projectile)+3,Observe(Spot,Track) +3,Armed Combat:Simple +1,Survival +3,Sport +1,Stealth(Hide,Shadow) +1,Craft(choose 1 specialty) +1

PICK 5:+1 to any professional skill
    EDGES:Bold ,Dead Aim,Fit,Sense of Direction,Sill Focus: Keen Sight
    I've borrowed heavily from the LOTR RPG Core Book.Feel free to make up a second tier 3 ability.In my game these guys were really nasty.Giving this profession to sentient carnivorous ornithopes with high AGI and PER,armed with primitive rifles,hidden in 75% cover,and the knowledge(thanks to Orion traders) that the kelbonite that their planet is rich in could be carried to hide them from offworld invader's sensors made for a great ambush.Feel free to tweak it.
    "I am not a Merry Man!"-Worf

Thumbs up

I like the background package. The rest is good, though there can't be much use for a primitive hunter in a Trek game, can there? (I might be wrong...)
    "War is an ugly thing but not the ugliest of things; the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feelings which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

John Stuart Mill

Actually there was in my game Qerlin.An SCE team was helping the hunter's planet recover from nuclear war(they had bombed themselves allmost back to the Stone Age).There was a coup and the SCE's became hostages of the Hunters.Actually one of my players commented on how he liked my Series non-combat style,so I set up an episode where he was going to get the best ambush of his career .It worked.More combat than he ever expected.These hunters were just an end to a means.Hopefully someone else will be able to use them.
    "I am not a Merry Man!"-Worf