Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The ending of an era, and the turning of a page.

Unhappy The ending of an era, and the turning of a page.

It is my regret to inform you that the Ferengi Blue Room has died. Earlier this morning it was hacked by someone and deleted all of my files. and web structure. I have lost everything now. I have the account still and will but the database is gone, content gone, PHPNuke gone.

I knew that PHPNuke had a hole in it, I patched it as it said and still someone hacked the site. I don't know when the site will come back up or if it will. I have lost all motivation for doing it now.

FOr those that did support it I thank you. This is an ending of a small era I suppose.

This sucks (insert expletive of your choice)!!

Too bad mr. Matt. It's a shame I didn't get to read all of it yet
    The darkness inside me is a lot scarier than the darkness out there....

Well it was an Anti war person that did it. Left a pretty picture of Hitler and Bush saying they are the same thing or something. Apparently are hitting RPG sites all around. Don watch out!

"Peace through random acts of virtual violence."

Whoever did that to your page has about as much intelligence as he does respect for other's rights. Sometimes I wonder how Gene Roddenberry managed to be so optimistic about humanity.

I hope they catch this idiot and hang him by his own mouse cord.
    + &lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;<

Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight. Psalm 144:1

That sucks.

I had put the site on my favorites so that I could come back later and check it out. I guess now I'll never be able to.
    Gabriel Alexander Vampyre

Green Ronin got hit pretty frequently by them.

And some people on rpg.net said that it is a "reasonable consequence of the illegal war" and should come as no surprise.

Whatever one thinks about the war, RPG companies and websites have no bearing on US policy. They're run by average Joe's and for some people, is the equivalent of a storefront. Hacking and/or destroying such a site is equivalent to burning down your FLGS to protest a war.

Matt, you might want to contact Chris Parmas or someone else at Green Ronin - I'd love to see these yahoos prosecuted to the full extent of the law.
    AKA Breschau of Livonia (mainly rpg forums)
    Gaming blog 19thlevel

Originally posted by Dan Stack
    Green Ronin got hit pretty frequently by them.

And some people on rpg.net said that it is a "reasonable consequence of the illegal war" and should come as no surprise.
    Oh, good lord!

I gave up on RPGnet because of constant twittery like that, from both posters and moderators. It doesn't suprise me in the least to see a comment like that. In fact, it rings rather strongly of 2 or 3 posters that I had on ignore while I was there.
    Gabriel Alexander Vampyre

Originally posted by Lt Cmdr Matt
    Well it was an Anti war person that did it. Left a pretty picture of Hitler and Bush saying they are the same thing or something. Apparently are hitting RPG sites all around. Don watch out!
    I'm more worried about vBulletin being hacked than the box the site resides on. Still, time permitting, probably prudent for me to do a security audit.

Sorry to hear about your site.

Originally posted by Sarge
    "Peace through random acts of virtual violence."

Whoever did that to your page has about as much intelligence as he does respect for other's rights. Sometimes I wonder how Gene Roddenberry managed to be so optimistic about humanity.

I hope they catch this idiot and hang him by his own mouse cord.
    No kidding. I respect people's right to have an opinion, but not their right to terrorize other people with their opinion.
    "Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens."

-Gimli, son of Gloin (The Fellowship of the Ring)

Hacking a website that's devoted to a series based on ideals of peace and mutual understanding in order to promote an anti-war message...

The average human IQ is still 100 isn't it?

Still, with any luck this joker'll try and hack a government website then get the shit prosecuted out of him. Whilst I have a very dim view of the American Intelligence services, this sort of idiot deserves whatever they can throw at him. He could've put up his own anti-war website - if they'd tried to bust him for that I'dve been outraged - but now I have no sympathy.
    "That might have been the biggest mistake of my life..."

"It is unlikely. I predict there is scope for even greater mistakes in the future given your obvious talent for them."

Vila and Orac, Blake's Seven

This message has been removed on request by the
    poster

Sorry to hear about your site Matt.

There are folks who seem to take great delight in damaging, destroying or stealing what isn't theirs, but don't let the b*****ds grind you down.
    Greg

"The dreams in which I'm dying are the best I've ever had."
    Madworld, Donnie Darko.

"And some people on rpg.net said that it is a "reasonable consequence of the illegal war" and should come as no surprise."

What bullshit.
    "War is an ugly thing but not the ugliest of things; the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feelings which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

John Stuart Mill

What an interesting concept... terrorism to protest against war. My, there are really clever people on the Net, aren't they?

Sorry to hear about your site, Matt.
    "The main difference between Trekkies and Manchester United fans is that Trekkies never trashed a train carriage. So why are the Trekkies the social outcasts?"
    Terry Pratchett

Those bastiches!

I had your site bookmarked for reference as my Trek-game is on hiatus right now, and probably will be for the next 2-3 months.

As Greg said, don't let them grind you down.

Joe
    No power in the 'verse can stop me.

"You know this roleplaying thing is awfully silly, let's just roll the dice." - overheard during a D&D 3E game.