Thread: Neat Federation starship link

Cool Neat Federation starship link

I found this one night while browsing the web at work. Warning: enable your pop-up killers. Otherwise, the ship designes are more than worth the price of adverts.

http://www.angelfire.com/pe/Relentless50/starships.html

A brave little theory, and actually quite coherent for a system of five or seven dimensions -- if only we lived in one.

Academician Prokhor Zakharov, "Now We Are Alone"

What is a pop-up killer and how do I

get one? I hate those things...

I think they are to humans, what tribbles are to klingons.

The only difference is that the pop ups have evolved into a more aggressive form...

Popkillers !!

Send Žem this way, please !

I will most gladly comment on the Starship designs afterwards
    No matter where you go, there you are.
    <div align="center"><center><table border="1" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="200" bgcolor="#FFFFFF" bordercolor="#000080"><tr><td><center><br><font face=verdana><font color="#000080"><font size="2">I am</font><br><font size=8><font face=symbol>p</font></font><br><br><font size=2>Everyone loves pi</font></font><br><font color="#FFFFFF">_</font></font></td></tr></table></center></div><br><center><font face=verdana><font size=2><a href="http://www.geocities.com/eyecanspy/numberquiz">what number are you?</a></font><font size=1><br><br>this quiz by <a href="http://www.livejournal.com/users/orsa">orsa</a></font></font></center>

Looks like someone lifted the stats and descriptions in mass from the Daystrom Institute Tech. Library and left out the LCARS graphics and any mention as to where they five-fingered the information from.
    Steven "redwood973" Wood

"Man does not fail. He gives up trying."

Redwood is right. He even appears to claim the Niagara is his own work, when it's clearly taken from the Daystrom Insitute site.

"You can't take a picture of this; it's already gone." -Nate Fisher, Six Feet Under.

Some of the copyright notices were a little hostile <i>"hands off"</i>. It seemed a bit angry for fan site

The next question is when is it supposed to be? Ship classes listed as decommisioned were in production at the end of the dominion war (eg. the Akira). Oh well, not a bad collection of ideas.

great it made my browser crash, and then the computer...

well screw this; the guy who owns the page sounds like a rip-off artist anyways.

BTW I'd love to get my hands on an anti-pop-up device. Where to??

Especially since the information he is so possessive of isn't his, and somehow I doubt the guy from DITL wrote it specifically for him.

Someone should report this site to the DITL webmaster. Plaigarism sucks.

"You can't take a picture of this; it's already gone." -Nate Fisher, Six Feet Under.

I forwarded the hyperlink to the owner of the Daystrom page and suggested he take a look around it. . .that it looked like his work had been stolen.

I hope he can get that pirate page taken down.

BTW I downloaded the pop-up killer. . .works great! Not once did I have a single pop up while on the angelfire site! God I love it!
    Last edited by redwood973; 03-24-2003 at 10:40 PM.
    Steven "redwood973" Wood

"Man does not fail. He gives up trying."

Hey man. I try to help in the little ways I can
    A brave little theory, and actually quite coherent for a system of five or seven dimensions -- if only we lived in one.

Academician Prokhor Zakharov, "Now We Are Alone"

A lot of it looks like fanboy stuff to me. Just checked the info on the Agammenon-class. Can someone tell me what a MKII Flux torp is?! And correct me if I am wrong, but wasn't the use of the AM Spreader (into'd in BoBW) used as a harmless light show (ie distraction) and not a weapon?

And I think you are right, I've seen those drawings somewhere else.

Originally posted by Snake_Plissken
    BTW I'd love to get my hands on an anti-pop-up device. Where to??
    Should be able to get to pop-up stopper on zdnet.com or panicware.com
    "War is an ugly thing but not the ugliest of things; the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feelings which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

John Stuart Mill

Based on the unimaginative design, and the general level of (ill)literacy, I'm guessing that this page is the doing of a kid who has no knowledge whatsoever of copyright law - but has a huge amount of chutzpah. Imagine stealing stuff from all over the web, claiming it as yuor own, and using a Java applet to disble saving!

BTW, the massive (bordering on the obsessive) annotations on some of the images are standard in the CGI artwork community, which is where he ripped those images off.

"I reccommend a full spread of quantum torpedoes up his butt, sir." -- Clem Rogers, Conn Officer and Texan, U.S.S. Invictus
    "It's hard being an evil genius when everybody else is so stupid" -- Quantum Crook

I concur

Bloody pirates