Thread: StarFleet Operations Manual Q&A

StarFleet Operations Manual Q&A

I wanted to start this thread for questions people may have to the SOM. Perhaps an errata list (if needed) can be compiled from this.

On Page 73, the subject matter of Isomagnetic Disintegrator:
    The "Settings:" line refers to "See Table".

Where is this table?
    "Everything happens for a reason..."

Re: StarFleet Operations Manual Q&A

Originally posted by ImperialOne
    On Page 73, the subject matter of Isomagnetic Disintegrator:
    The "Settings:" line refers to "See Table".

Where is this table?
    As Doug has mentioned several times already, the table in question was inadvertently omitted. It should appear shortly on the Decipher boards.
    “In our every deliberation, we must consider the impact of our decisions on the next seven generations.”

-- Great Law of the Iroquois Confederacy

Ship stats

Okay, I got some more questions.

About the ship stats in the back:

- Miranda-class. From their performance on DS), I would have guessed these are the Redshirts of starships. I was surprised to find torpedoes with 7 penetration and +3C +2H +4T maneuver modifiers. Isn't that a typo? Beats the Akira, after all.

- Nebula class. 12/4 shields?

- Akira class. The fluff text says it carries 30-50 fighters. But the stats say it's got only one Shuttlebay, and 5 size worth of shuttlecraft.

- Excelsior class. 8 penetration with torpedoes? Better than any dhip despite the Sovereign?

I was just wondering, these things just seem wrong in comparison. Is there an official errata concerniung this stuff out yet?
    "Everything's better with zombies!"

Is the Daedalus-class protection/threshold value off. It reads 2/1. But after reading through "Starships" I have come to the conclusion that it should probably be somthing like 12/1 maybe. This would make sense since the minimum protection value is 5. It seems unlikely that polarizing the Hull plating would make it easier to hit the ship.
    "Target all your firepower on the nearest Federation starship!" Yoda, Episode II