Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: what's YOUR ST theme music?

Bloomington, IN - the heart of Limestone Country!
    Originally posted by qerlin
    Constitution uses the title theme from First Contact.
    I've thought about using that one - it's quite beautiful, actually, but doesn't have enough zing for the tone of my series.
    I'M Captain Kirk!!!!

I change theme from season to season. Now, I am using the Babylon 5 "Into the fire" combat sim game music. Great tunes

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
    Expanded Spacecraft Operations, a 100+ page sourcebook for CODA Trek

Ahh....

The joys of being a composer.

I wrote my own.

~Robert
    The Artist Formerly Known as Croniton Bob

I know I'll probably be flamed into oblivion for this but I use the version of "Faith of the Heart" from the Russell Watson CD Encore for the main theme to Star Trek: Hyperion.

Fortunately, my parents got it as a free bonus CD from a music club they are members of and they didn't want it so I appropriated it.
    He's an underprivileged skateboarding cowboy with nothing left to lose. She's a sharp-shooting goth bounty hunter who believes she is the reincarnation of an ancient Egyptian queen. They fight crime!

While still very much in flux about whether or not Star Trek: Razor's Edge will leave drydock, as it were, I'm thinking seriously about the end credits theme for Stargate SG-1, which was composed by Joel Goldsmith, son of frequent Star Trek composer Jerry Goldsmith.
    Patrick Goodman -- Tilting at Windmills

"I dare you to do better." -- Captain Christopher Pike

Beyond the Final Frontier: CODA Star Trek RPG Support

For my first campaign, I chose the particularly ominous section of the opening theme of Star Trek VI, though I never reallly shared that with my player (there was only one, unfortunately). The campaign was somewhat dark, being pre-Dominion War and involving a number of conspiracies. The last "season" of the campaign had the characters joining Starfleet Intelligence, discovering a plot to sell Genesis device technology, and ultimately saving Risa from becoming a wholly different paradise world.

For my second campaign, I actually selected from the second LEXX soundtrack CD, of all places. I can't remember off-hand but I believe it was called "Moth Journey"... It's a pleasant piece that has a stately sort of "travel" tone to it (not so immediately appropriate for a space station, but pretty good considering there was a fair share of time and interdimensional travel). And I could just picture some of the clips of space battles from the campaign happening at certain places during the imaginary opening theme.

Whew. I just realized how badly I tend to ramble.
    You can't control me... you can't take away from me who I am!

Lifehouse, "Quasimodo"