Thread: Star Trek: Deep Space Nine Season 2 DVD

Star Trek: Deep Space Nine Season 2 DVD

Anyone else getting this when it arrives in stores tomorrow? Anyone have it already?

I'll be doing the Best Buy thing in the morning on the way in to work.

Can't wait to see the opening three-parter again. Great stuff.

Heeee...NO! I'd rather spend my money on B5 or SG-1 Season 2, at least with these two I get my money's worth. I'm not spending $156.00 CDN for one or two good eps and a whole load boring ones.

Originally posted by Phantom
    ...I'd rather spend my money on B5 ...
    Amen, brother!
    "War is an ugly thing but not the ugliest of things; the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feelings which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

John Stuart Mill

I loved Season 2 ... I might be getting it at midnight tonight at WalMart ... who knows.
    <b><font color=red>Vixen~of~Venus</font></b><br><a href="http://www.venution.net">The Venution Network</a>

Given the insane prices of the Trek DVD sets compared to Stargate, Buffy and others I refuse to give them my money. It is a simple matter of principle.

Yep, I'm there tomorrow. I already informed the wife not to make any plans for the TV this week...

Originally posted by Phantom
    Heeee...NO! I'd rather spend my money on B5 or SG-1 Season 2, at least with these two I get my money's worth. I'm not spending $156.00 CDN for one or two good eps and a whole load boring ones.
    Same here, except I'm saving it to buy the DVDs for ST:Nemesis and the Children of Dune miniseries, both coming out on May 20th. DS9 is good, but that three parter is just about the only part of Season 2 I really like. Among other things, they introduce the Defiant that year I think, and the Defiant is, IMO, the stupidest thing they came up with for any of the Star Trek shows. I really liked it when they just stayed on the station... it was a great show for that short period. Then they started travelling around in that ship, and the originality of the show's premise began to drop. I'm sure many people will disagree with me, though.

Like Phantom though, I'm saving my money for something I really want.
    "Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens."

-Gimli, son of Gloin (The Fellowship of the Ring)

Already have it pre-ordered on amazon
    -Chris Barnes
    Visit FBR!

Originally posted by erhershman
    Among other things, they introduce the Defiant that year I think..
    (snip)
    I'm sure many people will disagree with me, though.
    I'll disagree with you, but only because you got your information wrong. Defiant wasn't seen until the first episode of the third season.

Just keeping the record straight.

Originally posted by Ineti
    I'll disagree with you, but only because you got your information wrong. Defiant wasn't seen until the first episode of the third season.

Just keeping the record straight.
    Close enough, I suppose. DS9 I tend to get mixed up a lot.
    "Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens."

-Gimli, son of Gloin (The Fellowship of the Ring)

Got my set tonight from Best Buy. Once I finish up a few things online, I'll be settling in with a warm cup of chai and will be watching the special features.

Actually, I think I'll just watch my VCDs of Firefly. Best gorram show in the 'verse.
    "War is an ugly thing but not the ugliest of things; the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feelings which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

John Stuart Mill