3 12.00%

5 20.00%

6 24.00%

3 12.00%

2 8.00%

2 8.00%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rate The Episode Returns! "The Crossing"

While I regularly watch (and enjoy) "Enterprise", this episode´s ending was a low point. I expected much more; the aliens were there just for bogeyman value.
    No matter where you go, there you are.
    <div align="center"><center><table border="1" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="200" bgcolor="#FFFFFF" bordercolor="#000080"><tr><td><center><br><font face=verdana><font color="#000080"><font size="2">I am</font><br><font size=8><font face=symbol>p</font></font><br><br><font size=2>Everyone loves pi</font></font><br><font color="#FFFFFF">_</font></font></td></tr></table></center></div><br><center><font face=verdana><font size=2><a href="http://www.geocities.com/eyecanspy/numberquiz">what number are you?</a></font><font size=1><br><br>this quiz by <a href="http://www.livejournal.com/users/orsa">orsa</a></font></font></center>

Finally saw it. Got to agree with the majority here: I rather liked it, but the end was a big disappointment. Overall, except a few poorly thought out scenes, the whole episode rather kept my attention ... and then came the end. Not only is the solution chosen by Archer very Untrek(TM) ... be he could at least have shown remorse about it! As suggested, there could have been the automated repair facility, only the crew thinks it's been destroyed completely. A Real Star Trek Engineer or Science Officer (TM again) would have found a way to help repair the ship. A Real Star Trek Captain (TM of course) would have found a way to come to a moral dilemna and make the good but painful choice. A Real Star Trek Scenarist (?) would have found something the audience could have connected with. Oh, well, the episode was still fun to wath up until the end .

By the way, has anyone else noticed? When Picard or Sisko or even Kirk says the dreaded "You have the bridge!", the way the happy chosen one acknoledges and acts leaves no doubt about the honour and responsibility being passed onto him. Nothing like this in Enterprise. Pity ... somehow, I liked the way Riker walks to the captain's chair with a satisfied look on his face, or Kira's solemn nod, or how some less experienced/lower ranking gingerly accept the priviledge.
    Every procedure for getting a cat to take a pill works fine -- once.
    Like the Borg, they learn...
    -- (Terry Pratchett, alt.fan.pratchett)

Did they say the other ship was only 500 meters? And Enterprise is 200? It didn't look like it.

I thought I heard 600 ... which seems a bit small compared to what we saw on screen.
    Every procedure for getting a cat to take a pill works fine -- once.
    Like the Borg, they learn...
    -- (Terry Pratchett, alt.fan.pratchett)

I also think the Xyrilian ship was much bigger on the inside than the outside.

Quote Originally Posted by Rayaru View Post
    8. I enjoyed it. Only major beef I have is the ending... it's not very trek-y to destroy an entire species in despiration.
    I think that is my point of view exactly. I couldn't really believe what I was being offered as the ending point of that episode. That wasn't Star Trek, that was Star Wars.

That said, there where some moments I enjoyed dispite the criticism: The Catwalk as a sort of Bunker is a nice idea. I didn't mind it being re-used during the same season and even thought it was smart to keep the bunks and the command area stuff in there, although most of that stuff would suffer in the heat while ENT is at warp: how warm was it supposed to get 300 degrees or something? Too hot for my monitor and my blankets.

I liked the idea and the use of the non-corporeal lifeforms. Given these things are common features in any given SciFi series, but this time there was a nice twist to it. But how could our heroes travel to other places and time frames, when the beings couldn't even live in space. I thought they dwellt in subspace? That was bad writting IMO.

The locking away of crewmembers that clearly showed to be taken over into their quarters seemed okay to me, alone to make sure none of them would be asking the other crewmember of opposite sex to disrobe

Anyway, with a descent Trek-like ending (finding some way to leave them behind or even help them out) this would have been a good episode in my eyes.

So I don't care for it much and dispise the ending. Gave it a 4 or something.

There where so good episodes in the second season like "Carbon Creek" "Stigma" and "Crossfire" etc., that I had expected more of this.

My impression of the Episode was.....Meh. They really missed the point of Trek
    A brave little theory, and actually quite coherent for a system of five or seven dimensions -- if only we lived in one.

Academician Prokhor Zakharov, "Now We Are Alone"