View Poll Results: Who is the coolest Trek movie villian? (read notes below first)

Voters
44. You may not vote on this poll
  • Khan (TWOK)

28 63.64%
  • Klingon commander whose name escapes me (TSFS)

1 2.27%
  • Sybok (TFF)

1 2.27%
  • General Chang (TUC)

7 15.91%
  • Soran (Generations)

1 2.27%
  • The Borg Queen (FC)

2 4.55%
  • Ru'afo (Insurrection)

0 0%
  • Shinzon (Nemesis)

4 9.09%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who is your favorite Star Trek movie villian?

Who is your favorite Star Trek movie villian?

I read in NEM screenwriter John Logans notes about it in the novelization that when they started writing it, they knew they wanted to make a central villian that would go over well. Regardless of what you thought of the final product, cool villians have always been an integral part of Trek movies. So, which villian is your favorite? When voting, DO NOT post comments about the movies themselves, or I will post a stern reminder about that to you. I do NOT want this to turn into another thread about Nemesis.

I voted for Shinzon. Tom Hardy does a good job IMO, but my decision may be partially based on that way-too-cool ship he flies around in.

Oh, and why do I get the feeling I already know which villian is going to be the winner of this poll? "Revenge is a dish best served cold..."
    "Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens."

-Gimli, son of Gloin (The Fellowship of the Ring)

Salinas, Calif., USA (a Chiefs fan in an unholy land)
    Does Sybok even count as a villain? He may have been the antagonist, but I think Klaa or the entity would be more villainous.

Khan was my choice, of course. He will always be my bad guy.

And Kruge was the name that escaped you...he's my second choice.
    Davy Jones

"Frightened? My dear, you are looking at a man who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom, and chuckled at catastrophe! I was petrified."
    -- The Wizard of Oz

This message has been removed on request by the
    poster

I can't vote because I can't decide. Khan and Gen. Chang are my favourites and am hard pressed to decide.

Both were cool villians and extreamly well acted.

Khan. Partially due to the fact this is the best flick of the sereis.

I did like the Shinzon character, but thought they didn't give him enough 'I'm Picard' angst... Chang was okay, but after a while, you got tired of the Shakespeare stuff...well, I did.
    "War is an ugly thing but not the ugliest of things; the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feelings which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

John Stuart Mill

Even though Kahn is my impressin od Mr. Orork finally going postal, (which is cool) I do have to say the Borg Queen was impressive especially the way she melted...just like the wicked witch. "I'll get you my pretty, and your little data too!"
    I know the Emotions are in there somewhere Spock, I just don't want to be around when they finnally kick in.

"Cry Havoc!, and let lose the dogs of war."

I loved that line...give me Chang, a villain that could have gone so much farther.
    Phoenix...

"I'm not saying there should be capital punishment for stupidity,
    but maybe we should just remove all the safety lables and let nature take it's course"

"A Place For Everything & Nothing In It's Place"

Cool

He's a genetically engineered soldier who eats Ceti eel sushi. He's an aging Klingon General well-versed in Shakespeare. They fight Kirk in...

The Khan-Chang Connection

* cue theme music from SWAT *
    Anyhoo, just some random thoughts...

"My philosophy is 'you don't need me to tell you how to play -- I'll just provide some rules and ideas to use and get out of your way.'"
    -- Monte Cook

"Min/Maxing and munchkinism aren't problems with the game: they're problems with the players."
    -- excerpt from Guardians of Order's Role-Playing Game Manifesto

A GENERATION KIKAIDA fan

DISCLAIMER: I Am Not A Lawyer

Tough choice between Chang and Khan.Went with Khan"I on the other hand am in a position to grant nothing."Calculated intelligent evil.Breifly considered the B.Q. .Alice Kreige's voice was so silky and kind of seductive.Sybok was weak.
    "I am not a Merry Man!"-Worf

Originally posted by Lowly Uhlan
    Sybok was weak.
    Word to your pointed eared mother...

Sorry, couldn't resist...
    "War is an ugly thing but not the ugliest of things; the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feelings which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

John Stuart Mill

I went for Khan but I have to give honorable mentions to Chang (in space all warriors are cold warriors...) and the Borg queen

nobody mentionned the probe in ST1 and the space whales in ST4?

Originally posted by qerlin
    Chang was okay, but after a while, you got tired of the Shakespeare stuff...well, I did.
    Actually, I think that was the entire point.
    Davy Jones

"Frightened? My dear, you are looking at a man who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom, and chuckled at catastrophe! I was petrified."
    -- The Wizard of Oz

Its definitely Chang. His quotes were well done and I actually never saw what was so good about Kahn. I always thought it was a bit easy to use a character from the series.

Shinzon was good at the beginning, but in the end had not such a deep character.
    We came in peace, for all mankind - Apollo 11

I also chose Khan due to the fact he was a more pragmatic villian. All of the actions he took were designed to not destroy Kirk directly, but to weaken him and then crush him. Most of the other villians went with the shoot first and ask questions later rule.

Khan plotted his vengence, made a plan and worked at it. His men followed him out of respect with very little fear. The other true villians were leading by fear and respect. The patsy was just strung along. True few of the other villians were directly related to the series, but this aspect added alot to the credibility of the villian.

In most of the movies the villian just swept in from the wings to be there and look bad. Khan actually had a place in the series, which then was turned into a plot device. Not just a racial hatred of one particular captian, or his crew, which most of the klingons were bad about.
    May your worlds be at peace. Never assume, that the pointy eared first officer is Vulcan.

Originally posted by Silverthorne
    In most of the movies the villian just swept in from the wings to be there and look bad. Khan actually had a place in the series, which then was turned into a plot device. Not just a racial hatred of one particular captian, or his crew, which most of the klingons were bad about.
    I was just thinking...Kirk spent most of the Movie Era being "punished" for the fame and fortune of his 5-year mission.

First, Khan comes back from his exile to seek revenge for Kirk's "abandonment." Then, Kruge kills a son that he had just made amends with. The Klingon ambassador in ST IV announced that there would "be no peace, as long as Kirk lives." Finally, Chang frames the greatest enemy of the Klingon Empire for murder, as part of his plot to derail the Federation-Klingon peace process.

On a side note, I always wonder what would happen if a Federation starship did stop by, say, a year after the Enterprise left Ceti Alpha. Would Khan have simply accepted a second transplant to a new world? Or, would he lead a mutiny on the second ship...then struck out on his own to subjigate a populated world? It's like thinking about what if Fidel Castro made it as a pitcher for the St. Louis Browns...
    Davy Jones

-- The Wizard of Oz