Thread: Starfleet Command

Starfleet Command

Being a fan of the Starfleet command computer game and being one of three computer games i proudly own (Galatic Battlegrounds and Age of Wonders),has anyone ever considered adapting some of those starships to Coda stats? I have to admit they have some pretty tight starships in that game. Oh... i have yet to play the thrid installment of Starfleet Command. I want to buy it only because of the next generations stuff but i hear a lot of bad reviews. What do you guys and gals think?

SFC3 Is the Best Game of the Series

Most of the dissent heard on the net are from grognards of StarFleet Battles (the boardgame) or SFC1/SFC2 who viewed SFC3 (and The Next Generation series) as having killed off their setting (true, but this is more of a license thing from Viacom/Paramount).

SFC3 is different, four shield facings, no ECM... but it is not watered down... angular velocity, true cloak, and dynaverse that works.

SFC3 benefits from the beta patch released from Taldren. It also has a great set of Mods organized by Chris Jones. You can check those out at:
    http://sfc.strategy-gaming.com/chrisjonesmods/

and
    http://www.frost-works.com/

In addition, reviews from PC Gamer as well as IGN, two of the more trusted PC games sites, were quite favorable.

Charles
    "Everything happens for a reason..."

I created states of the first volume of the Federation ships. Although its Icon stats, I think they are more ore less easily convertable to CODA. Its on my site www.farrealms.de look under NEW CLASSES in the ST RPG section, if interested.
    We came in peace, for all mankind - Apollo 11