Thread: Lord Of The Rings: The Two Towers Special Edition DVD

Exclamation Lord Of The Rings: The Two Towers Special Edition DVD

Hi

Just to let you all know, some of the details for the special extended edition of The Two Towers has been released.......

From http://www.tolkienonline.com/docs/10821.html

The Two Towers Special Edition Length Confirmation -- Peter Jackson's Early Christmas Present

According to an interview in the Official Lord of the Rings Fanclub Magazine, Peter Jackson has confirmed that The Two Towers Special Edition will come in at a whopping 222 minutes in length, a total of 43 minutes added to the film (that's 24% more movie!). Nearly all of this new footage will consist of character scenes, including a good deal of Treebeard expansion and Huorns at Helms Deep.

43 minutes extra!!!!!!

Dear God.....that's more than TFOTR!

Lars
    Old Age And Treachery Will Triumph Over Youth And Skill

That's all fine and dandy... but what I really want to know is, when the heck is the release date!?!?
    "Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens."

-Gimli, son of Gloin (The Fellowship of the Ring)

The special edition DVD (4 disks) is to be released in mid-November.

Lars
    Old Age And Treachery Will Triumph Over Youth And Skill

To use the modern vernacular ... I am so there

Finally I'll get to hear Gimli talk about the bones in the earth of Helm's Deep!

S. W. E. E. T.

Not much else to be said.

As long as they're careful when intercutting new scenes into the footage.

As much as I loved the extended version of FOTR on DVD, I was horrified by the lack of care taken in the scene when Isildur puts on the Ring during the Orc attack. It was so obviously composited, with the light-angles completely different for him and the background, that it could have been from a B-grade 50s monster movie.

I realise it's only a moment in the film, but in a way, that's the point. There is so much care taken elsewhere that something like Isildur-of-the-Blue-Screen is that much more jarring when it appears.
    When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for others.

It's the same when you are stupid...

Anyone know the release date for the normal edition of the TT movie? I bought both last year. I might as well buy both again this year

All I can say is W00T!!
    The darkness inside me is a lot scarier than the darkness out there....

OMG !! I will have to shell out another four hundred Brazilian to get my hands on this one... AAAAAAAARGH !

But it will be worth the price
    Last edited by Captain Novaes; 04-11-2003 at 10:45 AM.
    No matter where you go, there you are.
    <div align="center"><center><table border="1" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="200" bgcolor="#FFFFFF" bordercolor="#000080"><tr><td><center><br><font face=verdana><font color="#000080"><font size="2">I am</font><br><font size=8><font face=symbol>p</font></font><br><br><font size=2>Everyone loves pi</font></font><br><font color="#FFFFFF">_</font></font></td></tr></table></center></div><br><center><font face=verdana><font size=2><a href="http://www.geocities.com/eyecanspy/numberquiz">what number are you?</a></font><font size=1><br><br>this quiz by <a href="http://www.livejournal.com/users/orsa">orsa</a></font></font></center>

Originally posted by CorpBoy
    Anyone know the release date for the normal edition of the TT movie? I bought both last year. I might as well buy both again this year
    I think it's August, but I'm not 100 percent sure on that.

Originally posted by Aldaron
    I realise it's only a moment in the film, but in a way, that's the point. There is so much care taken elsewhere that something like Isildur-of-the-Blue-Screen is that much more jarring when it appears.
    Really? I didn't even notice. I was probably still stoked on just watching the extended edition.

Bloomington, IN - the heart of Limestone Country!
    Originally posted by Aldaron

As much as I loved the extended version of FOTR on DVD, I was horrified by the lack of care taken in the scene when Isildur puts on the Ring during the Orc attack. It was so obviously composited, with the light-angles completely different for him and the background, that it could have been from a B-grade 50s monster movie.
    Oh great! Thanks a lot ! >
    Now I have to watch it again!
    I'M Captain Kirk!!!!

Originally posted by Ineti
    Really? I didn't even notice. I was probably still stoked on just watching the extended edition.
    Same here... I never notice things like that in movies.
    "Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens."

-Gimli, son of Gloin (The Fellowship of the Ring)

Originally posted by erhershman
    Same here... I never notice things like that in movies.
    It's more me than anything else, I think.

I'm one of these people who will sit thru a film and pick up bloopers on the first viewing - I think it comes from being a software-development teacher: I'm instinctively on the lookout for technical glitches and errors!

*Pity my poor students...*
    When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for others.

It's the same when you are stupid...

I have a friend who works in film developing and photoshop use at a local store and he picks out all the bad spots in movies, drives him nuts. he'll rant and rave and i never did see the problems he does

Garet