• Nog

4 10.53%
  • other

9 23.68%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: favorite minor DS9 character

favorite minor DS9 character

la dee da

I choosed Garak. Yeah, towards the end of the series he wasn't very "minor", but he was never part of the main cast.

Definitely Weyoun...

I'll never forget the scene where he was discussing (I think) Rom's execution, or the killing of dissidents or somesuch. Kira was upset and trying to convince him not to and his only response was to hold up one of Tora Ziyal's (IIRC) paintings and say: "Would this be more aesthetically pleasing if it was in blue?"

So. Incredibly. Cold.

Excellent bad guy!
    When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for others.

It's the same when you are stupid...

I went with plain, simple Garak myself.
    Steven "redwood973" Wood

"Man does not fail. He gives up trying."

How could I forget Garak!

Garak... and from the ones of the list, that would be Weyoun. Such a perfect bastard... (this would incidentally apply also to Garak )
    "The main difference between Trekkies and Manchester United fans is that Trekkies never trashed a train carriage. So why are the Trekkies the social outcasts?"
    Terry Pratchett

I'm all over Leeta. If you ever meet Chase at a con, she's one of the nicest people on the planet.

-- Daniel
    - Daniel "A revolution without dancing is a revolution not worth having."

Difficult tie between Garak, Kai Opaka, Rom and Leeta. But I can relate to the underdog so I went with Rom.
    The darkness inside me is a lot scarier than the darkness out there....

Wow, there were so many minor characters on this show! I had to go with Garak as well. He had lots of great scenes and lots of great lines, and was consistently well acted.

Voted for Rom. I love his scenes with Quark in "Prophet Motive:"

"And we'll probably be with him when they throw him off the top of the Tower of Commerce."
    "Tower of Commerce... that's... that's the tallest building in the Ferengi Alliance. If I got thrown off..." (trails off as it hits home)
    "Exactly."
    "Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens."

-Gimli, son of Gloin (The Fellowship of the Ring)

I loved Ziyal. She had a great synchronized voice in German.

Now guess who's DVD drive broke just in time to prevent him from watching the first season?
    “Worried? I’m scared to death. But I’ll be damned if I’m going to let them change the way I live my life.” - Joseph Sisko - Paradise Lost

I had to go with Sloane (other).Despite the semi-lame "Extreme Measures", all of the other Section 31 ep's were great.The idea of the Federation having such an immoral agency intruiged me.
    "I am not a Merry Man!"-Worf

I always think of Garak as a bigger-than-minor, smaller-than-core character, so he doesn't fit so neatly.

"Minor Character" brings to mind a character who is there once in a while, adds something fun for a bit, and when not there does not really affect matters.

Hmmm, Kassidy is a good shot, but Leeta was just way too much fun! Gotta vote for her.

I voted "other" for Garak, but Ramage´s got a point.

From those on the list, I´d say Weyoun; outside the list (and aside from Garak), Keiko O´Brien.
    No matter where you go, there you are.
    <div align="center"><center><table border="1" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="200" bgcolor="#FFFFFF" bordercolor="#000080"><tr><td><center><br><font face=verdana><font color="#000080"><font size="2">I am</font><br><font size=8><font face=symbol>p</font></font><br><br><font size=2>Everyone loves pi</font></font><br><font color="#FFFFFF">_</font></font></td></tr></table></center></div><br><center><font face=verdana><font size=2><a href="http://www.geocities.com/eyecanspy/numberquiz">what number are you?</a></font><font size=1><br><br>this quiz by <a href="http://www.livejournal.com/users/orsa">orsa</a></font></font></center>

Thumbs up Weyoun

Definitely Weyoun. I give a big thumbs up in general to the actor Jeffrey Combs. He did great as Brundt as well. And, he is the best thing I can think of as the Andorian on Enterprise. Anybody remember him from those two old flicks, "The Reanimator" and "From Beyond?"
    <i>"On Earth there is no poverty, no crime, no war. You look out the window of Starfleet headquarters, and you see paradise. Well, it's easy to be a saint in paradise."</i> Benjamin Sisko