Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sovereign Class

Sovereign Class

In the price of Freedom they list the size of the Soveriegn at 732 meters every site I have been to list it at 680 meters. Is 732 wrong? If it is then is the Soveriegn only size 8.
    You don't have to like it, you just have to do it .
    Richard Marcinko

If memory serves Picard said, in FC, that the Enterprise was over 700 m long...732 sounds about right.

I have checked multiple sites now they all say 680 meters.
    You don't have to like it, you just have to do it .
    Richard Marcinko

Originally posted by Thierry
    I have checked multiple sites now they all say 680 meters.
    In FC Picard says "...24 decks, almost 700m long." So, you aren't far off.

The size comparison chart drawing in Communiator has the 1701-E,scimitar & the new Warbird & it lists the Big-E as 2,250 ft.long & 800ft.wide. the Simitar is 2920 ft.long & 4430ft wide, & the Warbird 1980 ft. long & 2980 ft wide. Had to dig out feb 2003 issue of ST: the Magazine due to the chart in communicator was so small.

Originally posted by WarriorKnight
    The size comparison chart drawing in Communiator has Big-E as 2,250 ft.long & 800ft.wide. the Simitar is 2920 ft.long & 4430ft wide, & the Warbird 1980 ft. long & 2980 ft wide.
    And the meterage on those figures would be. . .?

[Man the U.S really needs to go over to the metric system! It is so much easier to use, but a reall b***h to convert between the two systems.]
    Steven "redwood973" Wood

"Man does not fail. He gives up trying."

Divide by 3 and subtract 10% of that result and you should get a conversion to meters that's close to exact (3 feet = 0.9144m).

I would not take Picard too seriously. He says 24 decks, although its 21 at every other source - ok, you say its canon, true. But Later the Security Officer says the Borg invaded deck 26 up to eleven - so they actually added two decks?
    We came in peace, for all mankind - Apollo 11

changes to the Enterprise

Yeah and in Nemesis the also say that they were being boarded on Deck 29. So in conclusion you can either except this as a script type o or since in real life the CGI model of the Enterprise E was altered. One might figure that they added five decks to the engineering hull. After al we do know its possible to radically change or alter the design of a starship, Star Trek the slow motion picture proves this with the redesign of the original enterprise. Oh yeah they also "added" extra phaser banks and torpedo launchers to "beef up" the E's firepower and compensate for gunnery blindspots, because of the big battle at the movies end.
    "Target all your firepower on the nearest Federation starship!" Yoda, Episode II

Well, it you would like Deciphers opinion, then the dimensions are (from the SFOM Sovereign stats):

Length - 685.3 meters
    Height - 88.2 meters
    Beam - 250.6 meters
    # decks - 24

While the rest of us wait for Amazon.com to ship us our pre-ordered books, could you say a little about the CODA stats for the Sovereign. Awhile back it was mentioned that the Sovereign had regenerating shields, can you confirm this? What other goodies does the ship design have and what is her cruising speed?

Originally posted by Kodiak
    While the rest of us wait for Amazon.com to ship us our pre-ordered books, could you say a little about the CODA stats for the Sovereign. Awhile back it was mentioned that the Sovereign had regenerating shields, can you confirm this? What other goodies does the ship design have and what is her cruising speed?
    Nope no regenerative Shielding, Ablative armor, Quantum Torpedoes, Non-space/time distorting warp drive top speed of Wf 9.982 and phasers both standrd and pulse

did I read that right? PULSE phasers???!!!

Man, Forbidden planet had better get that book in tomorrow....

Mark
    'Wish I could Help you....Wish I could tell you,
    That I am real, I'm not something you invented,
    That I'm not everything you want me to be.'

'And I am...Ageless. And I am....Invincible.'

Yes Pulse Phasers

I hope that Amazon.com gets their copies ASAP.