11 19.64%
  • TNG movie whites

2 3.57%
  • Other

1 1.79%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best Trek Uniforms!

Best Trek Uniforms!

Inspired by the Generations prototypes, which I kinda like...

Rate the best uniforms. The movie era: specifiy with/without the undersweater.

Other: the combat gear from STV, the DS9 combat black outfits, the variants like the vest Scotty wore, etc...
    "War is an ugly thing but not the ugliest of things; the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feelings which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

John Stuart Mill

I voted for the collared, crop jacket TNG for classiness. The FC/DS9 grey jack, TMP red jacket, and Ent jumpsuits are all in close contention though.

-- Daniel
    - Daniel "A revolution without dancing is a revolution not worth having."

I went with the TMP reds, though the TNG whites come in a close second for me.

Must be the similarities to the Victorian-era British uniforms...
    "War is an ugly thing but not the ugliest of things; the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feelings which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

John Stuart Mill

TMP maroons man, can't beat them, except for the bloon pant legs

I went for the later DS9/TNG movie uniforms: black with the grey shoulders.

Dunno why...just love 'em. The movie "Reds" and the later-TNG "crop jackets" are a close runner up.
    When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for others.

It's the same when you are stupid...

I went with the Enteprise jumpsuits. Maybe it's just that I really like ENT, I don't know. A close second for me would be the DS9/TNG movies gray-topped things.
    "Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens."

-Gimli, son of Gloin (The Fellowship of the Ring)

Gotta Love those Movie Reds . . . and even though I have come to like the DS9 Greys they just aren't practicle.

However, I am voting for the TNG Crop Jackets, classy, clean, and practicle.

But I am still wondering how they can get away with only one type of uniform.
    Shoot look at how many uniforms there are today for a sinlgle branch of the Armed Forces.

And what is wrong with blousing ones pants?

DeviantArt Slacker MAL Support US Servicemembers
    "The Federation needs men like you, doctor. Men of conscience. Men of principle. Men who can sleep at night... You're also the reason Section Thirty-one exists -- someone has to protect men like you from a universe that doesn't share your sense of right and wrong." Sloan, Section Thirty-One

I went for the movie-era burgundy uniforms- but I thought they did a great job modernising ST's look with the FC/DS9 grey/black uniforms. I too liked the Generations prototypes- they were a good compromise by keeping the TNG uniforms recognizable and haming them up a little. Why were they scrapped?!? One of the reasons a lot of people thought that Generations felt like a 2-hour TNG episode was because of the uniforms.

Originally posted by JALU3
    And what is wrong with blousing ones pants?
    Let's just say the way most people feel about the TMP uniforms is how I feel about the bloused pants.

Just can't deal with it.

It's like tucking your jeans into your cowboy boots.

I always thought the "undersweater" as one of those optional bits, but either way around I REALLY liked the red uniforms -- there were enough variations to make them interesting, they were dramatic enough to catch the eye and the imagination, and were just basically well designed.

The uber-wedgie suits of the first season of TNG were without question the worst...

"Arthur! I have POCKETS!"
    --- The Tick

I would disagree. Although not very appealing to the eye, I would have to say the Original Movie was the worst out of them. And what were they thinking about those new dress uniforms . . . doesn't relate to anything . . . I mean the ST:TNG Season 1 uniforms were worse . . . but they could have done SO much better.

And we forgot about a uniform . . . the All Good Things Uniform

DeviantArt Slacker MAL Support US Servicemembers
    "The Federation needs men like you, doctor. Men of conscience. Men of principle. Men who can sleep at night... You're also the reason Section Thirty-one exists -- someone has to protect men like you from a universe that doesn't share your sense of right and wrong." Sloan, Section Thirty-One

Formal Betazoid wedding gown - my favourite!

I'm with Sho-sa Kurita. I always loved the TNG season 3-7 jacket. With the First Contact uniforms a close second.

"You can't take a picture of this; it's already gone." -Nate Fisher, Six Feet Under.

Actually, just to be different....

I like the uniforms from 'All Good Things' and 'Endgame' - especially the new commbadges.

Later days,

Mark
    'Wish I could Help you....Wish I could tell you,
    That I am real, I'm not something you invented,
    That I'm not everything you want me to be.'

'And I am...Ageless. And I am....Invincible.'

Movies II-VI. No question about it !
    No matter where you go, there you are.
    <div align="center"><center><table border="1" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="200" bgcolor="#FFFFFF" bordercolor="#000080"><tr><td><center><br><font face=verdana><font color="#000080"><font size="2">I am</font><br><font size=8><font face=symbol>p</font></font><br><br><font size=2>Everyone loves pi</font></font><br><font color="#FFFFFF">_</font></font></td></tr></table></center></div><br><center><font face=verdana><font size=2><a href="http://www.geocities.com/eyecanspy/numberquiz">what number are you?</a></font><font size=1><br><br>this quiz by <a href="http://www.livejournal.com/users/orsa">orsa</a></font></font></center>