Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Season Finale Help?

Post Season Finale Help?

Hi there...I am currently running a series called Star Trek:Lexington. It is set on a Sovereign class vessel in the year 2378.

Nowe are about to go into our 18th episdoe, and that means we are about 6 to 9 episodes away from the season finale (I have to decide if I go 23 or 26 episodes for the first season)

That said I am looking for a really kick ass idea for the season finale and I am drwing a blank. I want it to be heavy on roleplaying, some action and be sure to have all my players involved.

Anyone care to spitball with me?

------------------
    Captain Zymmer
    =-=-=-=-=-=-=
    Visit Star Trek:Lexington at;
    http://www.usslexington.net
    =-=-=-=-=-=

The season finale idea I am tossing around in my head is for the crew to be trapped on a heavily damaged Kinshaya ship while there is driven off or captures by renegade Caradassians. My series is set after the Dominion war so these Cardies refuse to surrender to anyone. This is just in the idea stage so we will see where it goes.

------------------
    If you love, love with all your heart. If you fight, fight to win. If you must die, die with honor.

What are Kinshaya?

------------------
    Captain Zymmer
    =-=-=-=-=-=-=
    =-=-=-=-=-=

Okay so Gmarius and i were just hacking some stuff out on #lugtrek and I think I am going to Take a Magna-Roman angle on this whole season finale.

Already I have had the Magna-Roman people rise up and kill the emperor and his entire family...so now the Senate rules...they declared their independance from the Federation as well.

Prime Directive being what it is, hey backed down and said okay, but kept a close eye.

Now using their monies they have been paying the Ferengi (?) to take salvaged ships from the Dominion War and build them a small fleet. A Franken-fleet to be sure, but more than enough to accomplish their tasks.

With one almost intact Excellsior, Ambassador and MIranada (rebuilt for pieces of many) they have some fire power, with scavanged weapons and what have you.

They will start about 5 episodes before the end by annexing a warp-ermerging civilization near to them, but under the protection fo the Prime Directive.

And I am stuck...any help with my SPQMR?

I want to end the Season with them raiding and conquroing Bajor and signing a mutal defense treaty with the Romulans...securring Romulan access to the Gamma Quadrant.

Ideas, opinions, help?

------------------
    Captain Zymmer
    =-=-=-=-=-=-=
    =-=-=-=-=-=

I can't help with an idea but in my campaign we got up to 18 episodes. I plotted out ideas for the last three episodes and they died two short. They all died. But what do you expect when you decloak and don't raise your sheilds.

Ahh well.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Steele1701:
    The season finale idea I am tossing around in my head is for the crew to be trapped on a heavily damaged Kinshaya ship while there is driven off or captures by renegade Caradassians. My series is set after the Dominion war so these Cardies refuse to surrender to anyone. This is just in the idea stage so we will see where it goes.

</font>
    Ohhhhhhhh, the Kinshaya. The ugly bat guys from FASA Trek. I remember those guys, they made pretty good bad guys.

Hmm, wonder where all my old FASA stuff is. Can you remember which sourcebook they were in? Was it the Klingon one? It's been that long since I looked.

------------------
    Captain Daniel Hunter
    CO NCC-74600, U.S.S. Intrepid
    Star Trek: Intrepid

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Captain Zymmer:

With one almost intact Excellsior, Ambassador and MIranada (rebuilt for pieces of many) they have some fire power, with scavanged weapons and what have you.

I want to end the Season with them raiding and conquroing Bajor and signing a mutal defense treaty with the Romulans...securring Romulan access to the Gamma Quadrant.

Ideas, opinions, help?

</font>
    ONly a small point, but I'd hope they're going to have a much bigger fleet than that if they're going to conquor Bajor. Given the size of fleets DS9 and the Defiant has fought off in the past, and the fact that Starfleet would mobilise a large fleet to defend Bajor as well, I don't think that would be easy.

Of course, if it was easy, it wouldn't be worth doing.

------------------
    Captain Daniel Hunter
    CO NCC-74600, U.S.S. Intrepid
    Star Trek: Intrepid

I guess I'm Un-Canadian: No Beer, No Hockey, No Paul Martin!

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Captain Zymmer:
    Okay so Gmarius and i were just hacking some stuff out on #lugtrek and I think I am going to Take a Magna-Roman angle on this whole season finale.

Ideas, opinions, help?
    </font>
    Bajor may be a little much. Especially if the MR only have a small fleet. If the former Fed ships are just the first rank ships (fleet command ships) and they have other smaller ships to help... It would be a short occupation though. I could only see it being effective because the attack came so out of left field.

I'm setting my episode up in screenplay format. The visual you got me thinking about was just too perfect for the teaser that I just had to go with it. The Excelsior class ship is not the same as in the main time line. Imagine the saucer and secondary hull combined with no "neck" and the warp nacelles amidships bent down. Similar to the Fed carrier on some websites. Specifically recalling the age when the Empire had biremes and triremes.
    I decided not to use bireme, trireme, et al for the classes of the Imperial ships but wanted to give something that sounded Roman. This is what I've come up with: Galea Sagitta - Miranda class, Galea Palatina - Constitution class, and Galea Primaria - Excelsior class. They also use proelia (fighters).
    now to expand from a one shot store to at least a two parter.

[This message has been edited by Kaiddin (edited 09-17-2001).]

The opening Kaiddin is referring to is as follows;

We see an alien space platform...a ship is moving into posistion with thrusters. A count down occurs, the ship fires off it's warp engines and shoots across the solar system.

People celebrate onboard the station, the warp test sucessful...

Across the system as the pilots get ready for the return trip, we see a starship iff in the distance...as they look at it, we the viewer recognize it as an Excellsior class startship...already in our minds we think of First Contact and all that...but as it get's closer and the pilots stare in awe, phaser fire lashes out from it, cutting the warps ship to pieces.

As the ship travels over the debris, we get a good look at the underside of the primary hull. Emblazoned there is a Red Eagle, and in its chest a gold wreath and the letters SPQR (or SPQMR in my case)....

We cut back to the space station, where someone notices the ship coming in, and his alien eyes fill with fear. We cut to what he is seeing, as the Excelsior comes, behind it are a half dozen other ships...mirandas, old connie refits, what have you...cut to credits.

------------------
    Captain Zymmer
    =-=-=-=-=-=-=
    =-=-=-=-=-=

Sagitta = Arrow (Poetic licence looking down)
    Palatina = Imperial palace (elite ships)
    Primaria = First (First rank. Battleship)

Cool...thanks for the info

------------------
    Captain Zymmer
    =-=-=-=-=-=-=
    =-=-=-=-=-=

We are up to our 53rd episode, so we are into season 3 (with about 24 episodes a season). My game takes place at Deep Space 9 and its about 3 years after the season finale. They have encountered a new alien race called the Nekul (think darker and nastier than Babylon 5 Shadow creatures). The Nekul are ancient enemies of the Prophets. The Prophets (to help protect themselves and the other races) abducted thousands of people of all races and species and modified them. The people modified (one of the characters) learn they are called Ra'Gee through a number of ancient Bajoran texts and they are to help fight off the Nekul.

Anyway, Benjamin Sisko, the Emissary, returns in the 2nd season finale to help the characters find more Ra'Gee (they were scattered throughout the galaxy and some were captured by the Nekul). After fighting off a bunch of Nekul ships and returned to DS9, they are ambushed at DS9 by hundreds of Nekul ships. DS9 goes down in flames, literally, every escapes and runs, and major NPCs are killed. For all they knew, the entire Bajor sector was now controlled by the Nekul. Nothing better than ending a season on a bummer. :-)

So give us some plot about your campaign and let's see what ideas we can come up with.

Interesting stuff.

It has some Babylon 5 elements in it, but still enough DS9 to make it flow...I like that

As for my campaign, I am actually trying to make the season finale not too heavy on already active subplots.

That said if I go with the Magna-Roman thingy, it does play on an already established subplot involing our helmsman who is Magna-Roman and his brothers are following the General who is leading this Nova Glorificus

------------------
    Captain Zymmer
    =-=-=-=-=-=-=
    =-=-=-=-=-=

Capt. Zymmer
    How about Legatus for General. And Nova Gloriationis for the ship (New pride in one's self)

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by USS Intrepid:
    Ohhhhhhhh, the Kinshaya. The ugly bat guys from FASA Trek. I remember those guys, they made pretty good bad guys.</font>
    Oh those guys, bat-bears...with the round ships...I remember them...not bad, I wouldn't use them today but not bad

------------------
    Captain Zymmer
    =-=-=-=-=-=-=
    =-=-=-=-=-=