Thread: Need help with Jem'Hadar Attack Fighter Deckplans

Question Need help with Jem'Hadar Attack Fighter Deckplans

Hi,

I've been thinking for some time about making deckplans for the Jem'Hadar Attack Fighter. I have also already begun working on them but I am still in the early stages.
    My major problem is that I don't know exactly how the vessel is shaped on it's ventral side, mainly on the forward half. Therefore I can't create an outline of deck three which would be my first step before filling it up with rooms and equipment.
    I have already searched the internet for any pictures that might be of any help, but my success has been limited. Since I don't own a 3d graphics program the various cgi models available aren't helping me either.

So if anybody could tell me were to find any helpful material, of any kind, I would be very grateful.

And yes, I already have the exterior blueprints, but if there is a version with descriptions anywhere I would like to have it.
    “Worried? I’m scared to death. But I’ll be damned if I’m going to let them change the way I live my life.” - Joseph Sisko - Paradise Lost

You could try the following.

http://www.ex-astris-scientia.org/
    or
    http://www.ditl.org/

Good luck,
    Phoenix...

"I'm not saying there should be capital punishment for stupidity,
    but maybe we should just remove all the safety lables and let nature take it's course"

"A Place For Everything & Nothing In It's Place"

Here is a link to an excellent site known throughout the Quadrant for its fine quality plans. This one is the bridge of a Jem' Hadar attack ship bridge. http://www.gilsostartrekschematics.c...gbridge%20.jpg
    "Target all your firepower on the nearest Federation starship!" Yoda, Episode II

Thank you both but I had already checked these sites.
    Maybe I'll have to wait until the first DS9 season on DVD showing the Attack Ship comes out.
    “Worried? I’m scared to death. But I’ll be damned if I’m going to let them change the way I live my life.” - Joseph Sisko - Paradise Lost

Angry Okay, got no real help, so you are responsible for this mess!

Just kidding!
    Thanks again for trying.

It took me some time, but here is a first preview of what you may expect in the near future.

Direct linking doesn't work, so you will have to follow this link .

Once I have completed all three decks I will create a sheet naming all rooms and symbols.

Looks good. One Question: do they need bathrooms since they only subsist on White? Just jerkin' yer chain

Also, are you only going to do them in pdf format? I don't mind pdfs per se but they aren't always the easiest thing to work with.
    "If you haven't got anything nice to say about anybody, come sit next to me."
    - Alice Roosevelt Longworth

Yes, I've been thining about whether to install bath rooms or not, but then I realized that the Vorta consume food just like every other humanoid species and we've seen Vorta commanding these ships, so... They might also want toilets for joint ventures with Dominion client races or for prisoners.
    Besides, this will be the only deck with toilets.

What other formats do you suggest?
    I'd love to publish them as vector graphics but I'm not sure what format to use so that a lot of people can use them. I produce the files in dsf format.

Okay on the toilets, actually, I think that they are a good idea because they would allow people to re-use the thing elsewhere (i.e. as something other than a Jem'hadar fighter).

Re: format. I was thinking more along the line of a gif. With basically b&w drawings they are not that big (memory wise) at all.
    "If you haven't got anything nice to say about anybody, come sit next to me."
    - Alice Roosevelt Longworth

Actually Ergi, they hould probably have bathrooms next to the bridge too - since thats where a Vorta is going to have to spend most of his time.. and don't forget, only him or his first can look through the eyepiece, so it's not a good idea if he needs to 'go' and he has to travel 4 decks down but serieously yeah - having multiple uses for such a craft makes it go further - and besides you coud argue that's the specially adapted one Sisko recovered - including added toilets
    Ta Muchly

Good point about that bathroom next to the bridge. This also solves my problem what to do with the other of the two rooms next to the command center.
    Thanks!

Smile The deckplans are ready

Okay, here they are.

I've watched "The Ship" (DS9 season 5 episode 2) three days ago and there are two major discrepancies between my plans and the ship that crashed in that episode. My version has storage space but no boarding ramp. The first discrepancy can be explained with different internal layouts. Even Dax said that the crashed vessel differed from those the Starfleet had encountered before. I haven't added a boarding ramp because I see no way such a vessel could land on a planet surface without outside support, and even if it did the exit would be several meters above ground due to the warp nacelles.
    Based on the official exterior blueprints I see no way for the standard model to overcome this problem (e.g. by folding its nacelles).

And I have decided to make them available in PDF format because I am no friend of quality loss. If you want to convert them to another format yourself feel free to contact me.