BEAM WEAPONS: Type VI Phaser Arrays (x2) C
    PENETRATION: 4/3/3/0/0
    MISSILE WEAPONS: Mk 50 DF (x3) C
    PENETRATION: 5/5/5/5/5
    DEFLECTOR SHIELD: PFF 1 A
    PROTECTION/THRESHOLD: 12/1

MISCELLANEOUS DATA
    MANEUVER MODIFIERS: -2C, +2H, +2T
    STARSHIP TRAITS: Limited Payload (Torpedoes, TN8)

The Peregrine-Class Attack Fighter saw extensive service during the Dominion War. A short-ranged craft, the Attack Fighter was often transported to the battle area in the shuttlecraft bays of Akira, Nebula, and Galaxy class starships.

(Actually Owen's description states that the Peregrine is not carrier-based, but he does state that they are "generally ferried to fleet staging areas aboard larger starships" and his Peregrine concept fits my need for a fighter for the Akira class Heavy Cruiser.)
    Last edited by Cmdr Powers; 04-23-2003 at 09:49 AM.
    "The best diplomat I know is a fully activated phaser bank" -Montgomery Scott

Cool

Oops, thanks for correcting my title. I forgot to indicate the system. Greatly appreciate it.

I also use Owen's version of the Peregrine-class attack fighter. His version makes sense and his Deck plans are quite excellent. Also deckplans for the Danube-class runabout including the cool torpedo launcher version detailed in "Starships" can be found here. Really worth checking out!!!!
    "Target all your firepower on the nearest Federation starship!" Yoda, Episode II

Nice work quite a deadly design (the torpedoes are packing quite a punch)- I can imagine how an attack flight of only even 6 of those fighters can finish a cruiser in no time, like a pack of pirahnas biting a big fish.

what happened to the full size photon torpedoes. Correction the 6 full size photon torpedoes from the Spacedock version?

DeviantArt Slacker MAL Support US Servicemembers
    "The Federation needs men like you, doctor. Men of conscience. Men of principle. Men who can sleep at night... You're also the reason Section Thirty-one exists -- someone has to protect men like you from a universe that doesn't share your sense of right and wrong." Sloan, Section Thirty-One

Cool

Originally posted by JALU3
    what happened to the full size photon torpedoes. Correction the 6 full size photon torpedoes from the Spacedock version?
    I never quite agreed with Steve about those little pods on the wings being torpedo launchers. His intention (IIRC) was to give the Starfleet Attack Fighter a heavy punch. My design uses the listed Mk-50 launchers and stays within CODA's design limitations, but makes for a rather deadly little craft.

(Still blows up rather easily, though )

(BTW, JALU3, did you get those emails or did I mess you up?)

Cool

I corrected the design with updates to Propulsion, Tactical, and Miscellaneous. These updates more correctly reflect the Peregrine concept based on discussions in other threads.

It also includes a Flaw Trait suggested by Lancer, but not included in either Starships or the NG. The Trait of Limited Payload is ideal for the use of full-size photorps on a size 1 or 2 vessel and should also be included with the torpedo module version of the Runabout, since the descriptions of that design state that only a few torps are carried. If you don't want that flaw, install Mk 25 Microtorps in your design.