Page 11 of 33 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Adventure Seeds

Hey Sarge, the PD and stopwatch idea was cool. Mind if I borrow it?

Here's my latest contribution

EPISODE TITLE: Empire of Blood and Iron
    ERA: Any

The crew encounter a new world run very much in the form of the Prussian Empire of Bismarck. A strong military with universal conscirption and the budding of a powerful fleet.

This vest pocket "empire" is preparing to expand at the expense of neighbouring worlds some of whom are Federation allies, some of whom are primative worlds which have yet to go beyond carbon burning engines and brute force rocketry.

The Empire also controls a important mineral that the Federation requires...dilithium or some sort and the Empire is willing to trade if the Federation will turn a blind eye to their "expansionism".

The Empire is into diplomatic hardball, they will deliberately provoke a neighbour into declearing war so they can "annex" them to maintain peace and order.

Will the Federation shut them down? Remembering that their navy is the most powerful in the local area and the only way the minor powers in the area can survive is if the Federation intervenes. But as usual there are just not enough ships to do anything.
    Arise, arise, Riders of Theoden!
    Fell deed awake: fire and slaughter!
    Spear shall be shaken, shields be splintered,
    a sword-day, a red-day, ere the sun rises!
    Ride now, ride now! Ride to Gondor!

Theoden King: The Return of the King

EPISODE TITLE: Broken Spear

The ship is put on high alert and the captain receives a coded message...Broken Spear...a very dangerous weapon has been stolen from the Federation and all available resoruces must be dedicated to its recovery.

The item stolen are the complete data plans for the Genesis device from where it was stored in the old Regula I space station...someone forgot to erase the data when Marcus Labs was taken over by the Science Council.

Anyway the theives are a band of ex-Maquis/mercenaries who have also acquired the Bird of Prey Kirk captured in STIII. It has since been renovated by Starfleet Intelligence some years ago and hidden away for a rainy day.

Anyway the thieves have hidden themselves in the Mutara Nebula to rendevous with the USS Outreach, an experimental ship carrying the latest in Federation non-cloak stealth technology. The Outreach has been "hijacked" by Section 31 to carry the Genesis device into Romulan space to luanch a pre-emptive strike on Romulus where it is learnt that the Romulans are building a new type of Warbird carrying weapons the Romulans salvaged during the Dominion War...can the PCs stop them in time or will a new war envelope the galaxy...

Originally posted by ghosty
    EPISODE TITLE: Broken Spear
    To paraphrase...I don't know which is worse, the fact that this happened, or the fact that you have a code word for it
    Captain Zymmer
    =-=-=-=-=-=-=

=-=-=-=-=-=-=
    Admit nothing, deny everything and make counter accusations...

Sho-sa and Ghosty, of course you can use the idea. That's what this thread is for. Let me know how it works out for your groups.

Captain Zymmer, I don't know which is worse, the fact that that kind of incident can happen in the 24th century, or that the code word "Broken Arrow" was coined to describe the loss of nuclear weapons way back in the 20th century.
    + &lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;<

Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight. Psalm 144:1

I know...the things you come up with when you're bored out of your skull at work...I'll try to do better next time...
    Last edited by ghosty; 10-30-2001 at 04:52 PM.

I know...the things you come up with when you're bored out of your skull at work...I'll try to do better next time...
    Okay this is my first step towards redemption for the "Broken Spear" adventure seed.

STORY TITLE: The Morale Dilemna
    ERA: TNG

The PCs have been ordered to help in the recovery of the crew in the saucer section of the USS (insert name of Galaxy-class starship) which has crash landed on a distant planet.

When the arrive they find two things...one the stardrive section had somehow entered the atmosphere before blowing up scattering the warp core and enough radioactive materiel in the upper atmosphere to contaminate large sections of the planet.

Now the problem is that the world the saucer has crash landed on is a world whose development is approximately mid-20th century Terra with two superpowers suspicious of each other. The crash of a mystery ship and a planetwide radioactive contamination has brought the world on the brink of war...does the Prime Directive apply? Can the PCs save the world from armageddon? and can they repair the damage done by the crashing starship? To add to the mix, the CO of the Galaxy and most of his senior staff were injured or killed in the crash...just in case the PCs want to pass the buck

EPISODE TITLE: Halo

The PCs encounter a Ringworld, a first stage in the construction of a Dyson Sphere. The outer planets of the system have already been broken down to create a ring around the sun.

The architect of the Ringworld is your usual mad scientist who wants his great vision to be completed and he has created a series of bio-organic machines that can rip planets apart to provide the raw materials to finish his ring. The only problem is that the next planet in his agenda is a planet which contains a dangerous radioactive isotope. If unleashed can damage the very fabric of subspace rendering warp travel impossible in vast areas of space. The PCs have to stop him but it may cost the galaxy a genius who has created an incredible technological marvel called a Ringworld.

I like that, Ghostly! Ringworld may just make an appearance in my little campaign...

The Doc
    So you think, 'Might as well,
    Dance a Tango to Hell,
    at least I'll have Tangoed at all.'
    -- "Rent," Jonathan Larson

Redemption at last

Redemption at last
    *grins* I like lots of your ideas, Ghosty.

Something similar, conjured by "Homestead,":

Title: "Hollow Worlds"
    Setting: Exploration
    Era: Any

The crew come across a system with a nasty subspace effect (warp fields suck/collapse, for example, and so forth). It looks like the effect was caused by the destruction of an outer planet, and the isotopes/whatever made the inner worlds inhospitable also! As the effect happened over time, the colonists on said planets took their "ringworld" technology and used it on large asteroidal chunks in the asteroid belt - and hollowed them out to make their little worlds.

When the player crew arrive, they're hailed, and the asteroid city-state-governments (and unified council via holographic transmissions) request a form of aid: they have a plant to neutralize the effect (and thereby be able to continue their plans to build the ringworld), but they need a powerful ship such as the crews ship to start the anti-radiogenic effect...

Of course, mad scientist, on the semi-shielded dome on the partially completed ringworld, has other plans. He thinks he can use all that floating radiation to conquer all the asteroid bases...

the Doc
    Dance a Tango to Hell,

Title: "The Farseekers."
    Setting: Any, really

The crew starts to feel semi-paranoid - like someone is following them, or someone is watching them, and even some of the NPC crews start to feel that way. The telepathic crew, however, note nothing, sense no one otehr than other crewmembers, and have nothing to report that is out of the ordinary.

The paranoia gets worse, to the point where people can't sleep, can't function, and it soon becomes clear that something is up. Telepathic aliens who use a form of projective psionic travel are visiting, and they're riding the perceptions of the telepathic crewmembers - but not intruding. Unfortunately, there's telepathic leakage, and contact with the visiting aliens must be established before the paranoia gets totally out of hand...

Would likely be more interesting on a starbase setting, where you can have many cultures getting more paranoid about the others...

The Doc
    Dance a Tango to Hell,

Name: Captain X and the Pirate Princess
    Setting: Starship

Idea: The adventure starts with the players responing to a distress call from a merchant ship besiged by pirates. Arriving on the scene, Orion pirates are hard at work. A warning shot should send them scurrying, but not before the Pirate Captain has one communication with the Captain.

The Pirate Captain is a liberated Green Orion Woman, she is taken by the dashing Starfleet Captain and has developes a bit of a crush on him.

She is captured byt he crew and taken into custody for tansfer to a local Starbase. While on the way she will do everything she can to spend tiem with the Captain, seducing him as best she can.

The hook is that her former Lieutenant has taken over now as Pirate Lord and needs to get her back, before the dreaded Starfleet Vulcans pilfer her mind and learn all their secrets. A daring plan has been concocted, involving an attack by two obviously ships, while one pirate vessel with a cloak (old style TOS romulan Cloak if in TNG) slips inbehind the ship and beams a boarding party on board.

How it goes from there is up to you. But could be loads of fun.

She should escape, despite her feelings for the Captain and return to cameo another day in your campaign

Just thinking out loud as I go, so feel free to modify as needed
    Captain Zymmer
    =-=-=-=-=-=-=

=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Exclamation Thanks alot

I've greatly enjoyed reading all the posts on this topic. I was looking for 2 days before I found this and boy I'm glad I did. I'm trying to write my first Trek adventure and this has helped me get my ideas together SOOOO much. I now have a fully formed plan in my head... Now I just have to put it all on paper. I'll be sure to post it back once I've formalized it so you can all share the fun. Thanks much!!!
    "A vital mission, impossible odds, and a ruthless enemy.
    What more could we ask for?"
    - USS Reprisal plaque motto

This is a 5 star thread after all

It has helped my campaign immensly as well
    Captain Zymmer
    =-=-=-=-=-=-=

=-=-=-=-=-=-=

On behalf of all the posters on this thread I thank you.

But Zymmer's right, we've all benefited from the thread.