Page 13 of 33 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Adventure Seeds

Now that's just mean!

I love it!

May have to use it in Season 3
    Captain Zymmer
    =-=-=-=-=-=-=

=-=-=-=-=-=-=
    Admit nothing, deny everything and make counter accusations...

Re: Re: Thanks!

Originally posted by Captain Zymmer

My pleasure to have been a part of this as well This has helped me plan out season 2 of my campaign.

I hope to see it surge back to life soon as we all get reinspired one more time
    I think my creative juices have been diverted into the Mirror Dominion and War of the Gods threads. I'm also working on one or two major story arcs which is taking up quite a bit of my time.
    Arise, arise, Riders of Theoden!
    Fell deed awake: fire and slaughter!
    Spear shall be shaken, shields be splintered,
    a sword-day, a red-day, ere the sun rises!
    Ride now, ride now! Ride to Gondor!

Theoden King: The Return of the King

TITLE: Code of Silence
    ERA: Any
    TYPE: Exploration

A routine away team is left on planet while their ship is ordered to take part in a rescue mission. Left alone the away team finds a strange machine. When they touch it they release an ancient weapon which knocks out their tricorders and phasers and neural feedback strikes them dumb.

As they ponder how to get out the pickle, a group of (insert enemy race) arrive on planet and begins to hunt down the away team. They have to survive without their weapons, tricorders and the ability to communicate except in sign langauge for as long as it will take the ship to return to dig them out of the mess.

TITLE: All My Tomorrows

The PC is confronted one night by his future self, a darker version of himself who suffered some great tragedy which changed his life forever.

The future self tells the PC that he has a chance to change his own destiny...all he has to do is...at this point agents of the DTI arrive to take the future self into custody.They are DTI operatives from the future and they're here to prevent the timeline from being polluted. As the future self is taken away, he shouts out a coded phrase that gives the PC an idea of the destiny he must change. The phrase is obscurely worded and could mean a dozen different things (hey its an adventure seed, you figure it out ) and its up to the PC to find out what he has to change or can he actually change it...can you change your own destiny?

Perrryyy Guest
    I just cut & pasted these ideas to notpad files. I'll put them together in word & convert to PDF. I might pass around to someone who has more knowledge of Acrobat than I do.

Thanks for some awesome ideas by the way, folks!

Okay this one is going to be a season three two parter for me, but here goes.

Name: Warpin' With the Doctor
    Style: Starship
    Era: Any

Okay so this adventure involves a crossover between Dr. Who and Star Trek. For me I use the most current Doctor (the 8th?) Paul McGann.

A pair of 29th Century Timefleet Agents show up on the player's ship, claiming that a rogue time-traveller is going to try and shang-hi the player's ship. With them is another man, all dressed in Black, who claims to be a time cop from the far future (post 30th). He has enlsited the help of these two agents, and now want the help of the crew to detain this man and his allies.

It seems he is going to stop a warp drive test on the planet Skaro. By doing so he will prevent them from becoming a major threat to him in the future.

Despite the 29th Century guys being nice, they are thick headed and constantly tell the players that they (the players) are over their heads and let them handle things. The time cop (who has a nice beard BTW) is cold and slightly dark around his edges, play this up.

Then the Police Call Box arrives in the Engine Room or Cargo Bay of the Player's Ship. Out steps the elborate man, with two companions. Say one is a version of one of the PCs, or a dead crewmate from the apst, who knows nothing about Starfleet or the other players. As the players confront him, they learn that his name is The Doctor, and he is from another time and dimension and is following the Master (time cop). The Master should dispatch of the 29th Century Time guys and steal their ship. Something really clever here, worthy of the Master.

Now the Doctor can let them in that the Master has taken control of a sect of Daleks (explain daleks to players as well) and that they are going to try and used the warp test to rip open a dimensional portal. Then the Master's Daleks will invade Skaro and take it over. From there the rest of the Galaxy awaits.

Also the daleks will be the enhanced Spider Dalek kind (anyone have stats on these guys?)

Okay then, that's all I have so far...anyone want to kick the can around a bit?
    Captain Zymmer
    =-=-=-=-=-=-=

=-=-=-=-=-=-=

I have been somewhat out of the Dr. Who loop for, ohhhhh, the PAST 10 YEARS!! They don't show it anywhere in my area, except Space, and the last time I checked it was re runs...Not that I have a problem with that. So, Capt. Zymmer my question is Spider Daleks...Never heard of them could you give a run down? I suppose all the races have changed since I last saw a "new" episode.

I really miss the good Doctor.

I cannot remember where the Spider Daleks were supposed to show up, but they haven't yet made their official Dr. Who debut (IIRC)

Diamond, care to comment on this one?
    Captain Zymmer
    =-=-=-=-=-=-=

=-=-=-=-=-=-=

If I can remember the new Daleks were supposedly designed for use in the planned Dr Who TV movies but after the lukewarm reception of the first one (with the Master as the villain) the BBC put the project on hold...so we may never see any of the new Daleks. Actually I was wondering what would happen if the Daleks met the Borg.

'Assimilate!'
    'Exterminate!'
    'Assimilate!'
    'Exterminate!'
    'Assimilate!'
    'Exterminate!'
    'Assimilate!'
    'Exterminate!'
    Etc.
    The darkness inside me is a lot scarier than the darkness out there....

Lightbulb Styro-Liz Studios Present A FUBAR Production...

This message has been removed on request by the
    poster

EPISODE: Out of Time or Out of Mind?
    ERA: TNG

The PCs wake up on what appears to be an advanced starship. They are met by a familiar face, a junior officer on their last ship, but who is now older and an Admiral. He informs them that they had just been recovered after been listed as missing more than twenty years ago.

The last thing the PCs remember is being on a runabout going to an important meeting with the Romulans to settle a long standing border dispute. The Admiral tells them that their mission had failed but they had dissapeared before they could report back on the meeting. The admiral questions them about how they negotiated the dispute to find out why the meeting went awry.

The truth is that the PCs are the prisoners of the Tal'Shiar who are trying to find out the PCs position in advance of the meeting in the hope of gaining an advantage. Sort of a Mission Impossible sting operation in reverse.

Reminds me of that TNG ep with Riker, where it was really cool until they revealed it to be the space child, who looked lame when revealed.

I always thought that episode worked best as a Romulan plot Showed them to be very insideous
    Captain Zymmer
    =-=-=-=-=-=-=

=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Originally posted by Captain Zymmer
    Reminds me of that TNG ep with Riker, where it was really cool until they revealed it to be the space child, who looked lame when revealed.

I always thought that episode worked best as a Romulan plot Showed them to be very insideous
    I know...Future Imperfect was the basis of the idea along with the Stargate SG-1 episode Out of Mind (plagarised the title there) where the Gau'old actually did try the "sting" operation with the members of SG-1.

EPISODE TITLE: The Constructs
    ERA: Any
    EPISODE TYPE: Exploration

The PCs receive an SOS signal from a cruise ship (or other civilian type ship). The arrive to find most of the hull had been eaten away and the crew and passengers are trapped in a forward section beseiged by metalic spider like "things" which are using the ship's hull and other parts to replicate themselves. The manage to get the civilians off but unbeknown to them, one of the constructs has attached itslef to the hull of the ship and begins replicating itself using hull material.

The problem is that energy weapons have no effect on the constructs and in fact only makes them stronger. They do not seem to have any form of sentience just an "urge" to replicate by absorbing the technology around them.

The PCs mission...survive and prevent similiar infenstation of ships, planets, starbases etc...